gear 2 on amazon

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why the color scheme is called "titan silver" on amazon (by samsung) and not charcoal black like it is on the official samsung website? Are these the same exact color schemes just with different names? The gold and orange versions also have different names.

Amazon.com: Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted via Android Central App

Interesting. I can tell you the photos shown on Amazon are the same as those on the Samsung site. But yep, Samsung.com calls the black model Charcoal Black and not Titan Silver. But again, the photos are the same. Amazon says Wild Orange while Amazon says Metallic Orange. And Amazon says Brown Gold while Samsung says Gold Brown. Weird.

Wearable Tech

As odd as it is, I would feel very comfortable that the colors are consistent as Samsung is in fact producing only 3 colors of the Gear 2.

Ronald diesel

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I was skeptical because I like to make sure everything is official and authentic. I placed my order on samsungs official website a week ago and I called today and said it would still be another week OR 2. So I canceled the order and got the "titan silver" from amazon with 1 day shipping for $320. Do I have anything to worry about as far as authenticity and color scheme because it's from amazon? Or is it just like buying it from samsung?

Posted via Android Central App

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I believe anything that ships from Amazon itself, as opposed to a 3rd pay vendor just using Amazon's site, has gone through proper vetting by Amazon. I don't believe they would buy from an less than reputable source. I order from Amazon an average of 3 times a week and have never encountered a fake anything. Just my opinion, but I think you are all good.

Be sure your box is sealed tho (mine had a clear, round seal on opposite sides of the box).

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I got a extra Gear 2 watch for sale if anyone is interested. Throwing that out there. Ended up being gifted another. 230 if you don't want to wait for Amazon.

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I received my Gear 2 from an Amazon partner a little over a week ago, and have been delighted with it. I noticed during ordering the color was described as metallic orange, but I haven't placed it beside a wild orange to compare colors The seals were broken, but everything appeared in order, and I had no problems registering it with Samsung for warranty purposes.