Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gear 2 application challenge

Hi,
    I am tizen/android developer and I was reading some topics in this forum and I noticed that some users complain about lack of apps for Gear 2.

Well, here is the good news, Samsung announced Gear 2 Developer Challenge next month with total prize $1,250,000

Samsung Wearables

So, many apps will be coming next 2-3 months

Can you suggest apps? I would be great for us - the developers -!!
    lizardchest, collett and mcm180 like this.

Default Re: gear 2 application challenge

How about:
    -A kitchen timer-4 quadrants, separate count up/down timers
    -task list with check boxes
    -conversion tool (Celsius to Fahrenheit, miles to kilometers, etc.)
    -craigslist nearby item alert
    -delayed escape plan phone ringer
    -navigation integration
    -wallpaper set by (blank)-photo-of-the-day
    -Phone status display (battery, wifi, etc.)
    -qr code display
    -tv guide
    -rough distance estimator(for back yards, large buildings, etc. based on improved pedometer?)
    -weather radar
    -some sort of Ingress/laser tag type game utilizing local players.
    -email dictated note to self (Google Now integration! !!)
    -local gas prices
    There's a start. I'm sure I'll have more, but you can start with those!

Starbucks Card/Barcode similar to Pebble, ACCURATE cycling apps, Map/directions that mirror google maps, exercise apps that prompt you to do ABC throughout the day.

Posted via Android Central App
    collett, kh4fun and Index77 like this.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Data toggle that allows you to turn your phone's wifi and 4g on and off, some way of texting (Fleksy), a remote for your phone( if u have it hooked up to the tv u can use the watch to navigate thru it), netflix remote (again if you have phone connected to tv).
    collett and Index77 like this.

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts

Tasker integration like tasgear.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Great question... I would love a better developed media controller... Like music boss on the Pebble... Volume control, skip tracks, play and pause, album art, like or unlike tracks on streaming services

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

How about the ability to set multiple alarms throughout the day. I can't take my phone into work. A calculator would be nice also.
    collett, swade8 and Index77 like this.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    Great question... I would love a better developed media controller... Like music boss on the Pebble... Volume control, skip tracks, play and pause, album art, like or unlike tracks on streaming services

I would like all the music on my phone to be shown so I can scroll thru it and pick songs but idk if that would be possible
    collett, swade8 and Index77 like this.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gglez View Post
    I would like all the music on my phone to be shown so I can scroll thru it and pick songs but idk if that would be possible
    Yes... Or to select a playlist, album or artist, that would be sweet

collett and Index77 like this.

- An alarm!

- And what I miss most from my Sony Smartwatch 2: Possibility to take photos with the mobile's camera from the watch. I mean, put the mobile phone standing on a stand and then go some steps away and start the app. You will then see on your watch what the phone's camera is seeing. And then you click on your watch to take a picture with the phone's camera.

- A kind of keyboard

- Google maps and the "Locations" feature so I can see where my family is. Navigation would also be nice (for walking).

- Flashlight

- Better timer that can handle several timers at once and a better way to set the time.

- Train departure information (for Norway ) - should notify you when the train is delayed!

- Show your electonic train ticket (for Norway )

- Barcode scanner and QR code scanner

- Watchface (digital) with both steps counted and unread notifications

- App to control my Canon EOS 500D with the infrared sender

- mcash (Norwegian mobile payments)

- integration for endomondo (start/stop, number of calories used today)

- youtube

- web browser

- tasker integration (both run tasks and show scenes to interact)

- set different vibration patterns for different notifications

- better hangouts notifications (show much more in the preview and do not show the same thing more than once)

- hourly vibration (should be possible to set how many minutes past every hour it should vibrate)

- geocaching app (show nearby caches and navigate to a choosen cache)

- lock phone when not connected to the gear and unlock the phone with the finger print scanner. When phone is connected to gear, phone can be unlocked with swipe.

- Dice
    collett, kh4fun, swade8 and 2 others like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Wow, great ideas .. thanks guys.. keep them coming ..
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I agree there are great ideas here for apps I would download. The app I would like to see would be apps to make my CrossFit workouts better.
    A Timer that would allow it to be a HIIT (High-intensity interval training) timer were you set timer for how long to work out, how long to rest, and number of rounds, (ie. 30secs, 10secs, 8 rounds) a Timer that you set a time and it go down from a specific time (ie. a 20 minute total workout), and a Timer that shows time to complete workout (ie. workout lasted 25min, 10sec) Plus an area where you can keep track of the number of reps completed during the total workout. Also the ability to have it track and record(log) your heart rate during the workout.

I know it is an unusual app request however it is one a lot of people that workout especially CrossFitters would love to have the ability to have/use.
    collett and gglez like this.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

samsung smart tv remote (with keyboard)
    Index77 likes this.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

A barometer/altimeter/compass would be nice like on my Casio Pro Trek.
    Index77 likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

+1 for Google Maps & Controlling the phone camera with the watch... being able to see what the camera sees and taking a pic from the watch is genius!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    kh4fun, swade8 and Index77 like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by gglez View Post
    samsung smart tv remote (with keyboard)
    Samsung will release smart TV (tizen maybe only!) developer tools in June. You can expect this feature implemented by Samsung if your TV is running Tizen OS

The whole idea of Tizen is to connect everything to your phone and hence to your smartwatch. I am talking about cars, TVs, freezers and even in future you can be notified if your plants (if you have any) need water

You can expect your front car window turn into smartscreen (maybe touch) allowing you to view maps or news of even play games while you are in traffic

Your TV might be running Tizen already and your don't know. Samsung has kept quite about releasing no-phone devices running Tizen. Tizen now is at 2.2 version and in June it is 3.0 version. They have released camera with Tizen 1.0 and kept quite about it until recently

An S health type app that works across all compatible phones that actually works consistently, better workout choices and heart rate algorithms with better data presentation.
    kh4fun and collett like this.

Would love to see Out of Milk so that I don't have to juggle my phone while pushing shopping cart. always afraid I'll drop my phone when shopping while using that app. I'd even pay for the app to come to the watch.
    Index77 likes this.

Would be nice if we could get the IR blaster (remote) to work on a PC/Mouse & MAC/Mouse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Index77 likes this.

Perhaps access to all the apps that should appear in the Gear manager app store... ; ) Gear 2 and new S5. No watch styler, toggles, safe, etc

Index77 likes this.

Land/walking navigation of some sort. Would be ultra useful to those visiting an unfamiliar city without having to glue your eyes to a cell phone (in places like NYC, perps find tourists with their head down looking at their phones as opportune targets). A glance at the watch would be great for this.

A keyboard (w/ prediction and auto correct). There's a thread in this forum that Fleksy is not even close to being available, if it is ever released at all. This is good for those times that you're in a meeting and receive a text that requires immediate attention, but can't quite excuse yourself.

The Sony smart watch has both of the above so they can be done (Google Maps and an SMS Composer). While not the silkiest implementations, they were effective when needed. I can only imagine how much smoother they would be on a powerhouse like the G2.

Hufza, collett and Index77 like this.

golf gps!
    Index77 likes this.

Samsung just released open source code. How about a rom that has elegant transition effects? A watch face with transitioning weather? The ability to tell your watch where you parked, followed by turn by turn walking on watch. Come on developers! .

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

The challenge started today for 6 weeks. Developers will upload their apps during this period and will be available to you right away ..Then some developers will get the chance to improve selected apps for extra prizes. Samsung goal is to bring 200+ apps to you. Lets see how things will go during this period.

I will try to fulfill few wishes from here ... those I can develop and according to my free time

Also, one developer will win grad prize for users favorite app.. so you can decide by rating I guess

I recommend you download the apps right away during this period. Some apps might become paid after the challenge is over

I'd like to see a daily Bible verse to ponder. And yes, the same from other Holy books for persons of other faiths. And even daily inspirational messages that can reach out to all people.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast