Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else missing Watch Styler, Toggles, etc?

Sorry....I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm curious as to why the app store on gear manager isn't consistent across the board. I'm missing these apps, yet have a couple that another may not have, and so on. Does anyone know if these are being released by carrier, phone model, region? I know I just need to be patient, but thanks for any thoughts or tips! AT&T S5, gear 2 neo. All firmware up to date...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone else missing Watch Styler, Toggles, etc?

I don't think it has anything to with carriers since the watch is not carrier specific. Are you sure that the Gear manager is up to date along with the Samsung apps store? Have you tried to reboot or do a system partition cache wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    Sorry....I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm curious as to why the app store on gear manager isn't consistent across the board. I'm missing these apps, yet have a couple that another may not have, and so on. Does anyone know if these are being released by carrier, phone model, region? I know I just need to be patient, but thanks for any thoughts or tips! AT&T S5, gear 2 neo. All firmware up to date...

Maybe someone can create a Google doc, listing apps/phone model/carrier/region that we can all add to and edit? Won't get apps to us any faster, but at least we'll have an idea of some sort of pattern.
    I may have time today, but my spreadsheet skills are lacking. Anyone else want to take the torch?

UPDATE: Started a sheet, but please tweak it if you can, to make it more useful/informative! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by lizardchest; 05-01-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Yup, I'm missing Toggles and Watch Styler. On the Rogers network in Canada... this sucks!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is it just the Notes that have the Toggles and Watch Styler in their Gear app stores...some embedded code that's not allowing certain devices to see these or support them in their stores? I have a galaxy s5. I have feedly yet no styler. Lizard: I think you have styler yet no feedly?

Correct, Styler(and Toggles)/no Feedly. I'm running an S3.

I have a note 3 and do have all the apps mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    I have a note 3 and do have all the apps mentioned

Ditto!

Ditto Note 3 w/all apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I have an S5 and my girlfriend has an S4 we both have the gear 2 neo, we have everything updated we are both in Midwest both on Verizon but she has more apps available on her gear store than I do doesn't make any sense to me!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

same problem here on rogers in Canada
    I go to gear manager>Samsung apps and no watch styler found.
    I load the apk from gearfaces.com and it loads but throws an error at the end app not installed. (but it still works)
    so I open up watch styler and make a theme go to gear manager and try to load it under homescreen styler>watch and the watch styler doesn't show up.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ex-28 View Post
    same problem here on rogers in Canada
    I go to gear manager>Samsung apps and no watch styler found.
    I load the apk from gearfaces.com and it loads but throws an error at the end app not installed. (but it still works)
    so I open up watch styler and make a theme go to gear manager and try to load it under homescreen styler>watch and the watch styler doesn't show up.
    Yes, exactly what I'm going through. The version of Watch Styler you have (the .apk) is for the original Gear, not Gear 2. Watch Styler doesn't show up as a pick in my clock faces selection on the phone either.

Maybe someone will post the apk for the Watch Styler for Gear 2. Someone who has Watch Styler running for Gear 2, can use this tool to extract the .apk for Watch Styler and post here to benefit everyone. Thanks:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.apkextractor
    Last edited by djrobinn; 05-07-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Let me start by saying I have never done anything like this before so I am clueless.

I used the extractor you recommended. Once I get it extracted, it gives me options to email or otherwise attach it to a message, but not to this forum. I found the extracted file in my phone storage. How do I get it to post or attach here?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    Let me start by saying I have never done anything like this before so I am clueless.

I used the extractor you recommended. Once I get it extracted, it gives me options to email or otherwise attach it to a message, but not to this forum. I found the extracted file in my phone storage. How do I get it to post or attach here?

Wow... that's super Jackson!!

I PM'd you my email. But you can always upload to your google drive or dropbox in addition, and share that link

Please let me know you got the email. Share what I sent here if you wish. Do you need Toggles too?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    Please let me know you got the email. Share what I sent here if you wish. Do you need Toggles too?
    Thanks Jackson, got the email but no attachments... Guess gmail blocks APK files also.

If you can put on google drive or Dropbox and share the link here, it would be super!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

For those who are following this thread, Jackson was kind enough to extract the APKs and send them to me. But upon trying to install, I got the same error message "Failed to install the app.", and yet Watch Styler opens, and I can manipulate the themes, then it opens Gear Manager and I choose the Clocks tab, but I still can't see an option to choose "Watch Styler" there... this blows...

I get the same error message "Failed to install the app." but yet, the program does open, it just doesn't have any affect on the watch.

I've given up!
    Last edited by djrobinn; 05-08-2014 at 06:50 AM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

See my posts about accessing a Gear 2, higher up in this thread and another. On the Gear 2 Neo, watch styler has to be downloaded via Samsung Apps to be integrated into Gear Manager. Is there a best buy or similar with a Gear 2 you can pair with? You just need to pair to 2, download, create backup, unpair 2, reset neo, repair neo and load that backup. Watch Styler will remain on your phone and in Gear Manager...clocks. Hopefully they fix this soon!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

See my posts about accessing a Gear 2, higher up in this thread and another. On the Gear 2 Neo, watch styler has to be downloaded via Samsung Apps to be integrated into Gear Manager. Is there a best buy or similar with a Gear 2 you can pair with? You just need to pair to 2, download, create backup, unpair 2, reset neo, repair neo and load that backup. Watch Styler will remain on your phone and in Gear Manager...clocks. Hopefully they fix this soon!

U4icLab... u da man! I haven't tried this solution yet but I believe this will work. Will find a BestBuy or equivalent with open access to smart watches and report back... thanks!!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

What do you mean when you say "repair neo"?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

To pair to the gear 2, you will need to disconnect or un-pair the neo. Once connected to the Gear 2, going into Gear Manager, Samsung Apps, you can download watch styler, toggles, etc via your account officially, which will allow integration into gear manager. Then, go into settings in gear manager while still paired to the gear 2 and create a backup.
    The key is to load that backup to your neo. For this to happen, you need to reset your neo while it's disconnected. Then, go into bluetooth settings and unpair the gear 2. Go back into gear manager and find your neo via scanning...pair it. It will set it up new, but you will have the option to restore via backup, the same backup that was created for the gear 2. Once restored, watch styler will remain in the home screen styler clock tab and watch styler on your phone will sync as it should. I did this with my galaxy s5 and neo as a work-around until they release a fix . Feel free to pm me for exact step by step. Good luck! You can then setup your watch the way you had it and reinstall previous apps by going into Gear Manager...Samsung Apps...three dot settings in upper right, then clicking purchased. If Purchased doesn't appear, go into Samsung Apps on the phone first, settings, purchased, then back into gear manager, samsung apps, etc. Weird, I know lol

Last edited by U4icLab; 05-08-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Is there a way to message you directly on the app, that I'm missing?

You mean like a PM option? I don't see it either
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Sorry. You beat me to my post lol. Scroll up

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by djrobinn View Post
    You mean like a PM option? I don't see it either
    Beat me to my post scroll up

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Beat me to my post scroll up

Thanks so much bud, for writing up such a detailed procedure to get this going...

I guess I'm just SOL, I can't find a store (here in Canada) that has any Gear 2 watches on demo... went to BestBuy (they only have the original Gear watches), went to FutureShop (they will only sell with a phone plan... weird?!), went to a Rogers Store, they don't have any on display either...

I guess I'm waiting for the fix...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast