managed to get protector installed by cutting up a verizon note 3 screen protector after...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
removing the protective film that normally gets removed after installation. each time I tried to remove the film on top, the protector came right off of the watch (first cleaned with windex), so being persistent I tried a couple more times and no go, so I stripped off the top film, slapped the protector back down and voila, it's stuck on just fine. If u do this be sure to round (well, a straight cut actually) the corners. Clean watch surface, good lighting, sharp scissors, dust free area, etc...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Update. and not good news. While driving with the A/C blower on HIGH, I think the strong air current is what blew the protector off of my Gear 2. Right after switching to HIGH, I noticed the protector sitting on my leg. :eek: Need to come up with a protector that stays on and isn't bumpy or obscures the screen like the matte finish films do. Suggestions?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
removing the protective film that normally gets removed after installation. each time I tried to remove the film on top, the protector came right off of the watch (first cleaned with windex), so being persistent I tried a couple more times and no go, so I stripped off the top film, slapped the protector back down and voila, it's stuck on just fine. If u do this be sure to round (well, a straight cut actually) the corners. Clean watch surface, good lighting, sharp scissors, dust free area, etc...

I don't know if this is your problem, but NEVER use Windex on your watch, phone, monitor, TV screen, etc.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
ah, no where does it say GG is harmed by Windex. it's fine...

The article also doesn't say to avoid cleaning the screen with sandpaper. So...as Windex is not a specialty electronics cleaner - as recommended by the Corning scientists who developed the Gorilla Glass product - I'm gonna put my vote on them, not some random guy on an Internet forum.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The article also doesn't say to avoid cleaning the screen with sandpaper. So...as Windex is not a specialty electronics cleaner - as recommended by the Corning scientists who developed the Gorilla Glass product - I'm gonna put my vote on them, not some random guy on an Internet forum.

So basically what u are saying is that YOU are AFRAID to use Windex on glass. amazing, but seemingly true. wow!

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So basically what u are saying is that YOU are AFRAID to use Windex on glass. amazing, but seemingly true. wow!

What I am saying is Windex is meant for windows and high-end electronics cleaner is meant for high-end on electronics. They are not the same. What I am saying is I am not cheap, I can afford the product recommended by the scientists who invented Gorilla Glass 3. Windex was invented 75 years ago and is a mixture of alcohols, acidic solvents and ammonia. Gorilla Glass 3 came on the market at an ELECTRONICS show less than two years ago. I will pay the higher price for the modern cleaner recommended for my Gear 2. I should also note that EVEN THE MAKERS OF WINDEX DO NOT RECOMMEND using their original product on high-end electronics. That's why they invented this for crying out loud: Cleaning Computer, TV Screen | Windex® Electronics Cleaner and Wipes. You do as you wish, gargle with Windex if you wish, but your opinion of me and how I care for my electronics is completely invalid.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What I am saying is Windex is meant for windows and high-end electronics cleaner is meant for high-end on electronics. They are not the same. What I am saying is I am not cheap, I can afford the product recommended by the scientists who invented Gorilla Glass 3. Windex was invented 75 years ago and is a mixture of alcohols, acidic solvents and ammonia. Gorilla Glass 3 came on the market at an ELECTRONICS show less than two years ago. I will pay the higher price for the modern cleaner recommended for my Gear 2. I should also note that EVEN THE MAKERS OF WINDEX DO NOT RECOMMEND using their original product on high-end electronics. That's why they invented this for crying out loud: Cleaning Computer, TV Screen | Windex® Electronics Cleaner and Wipes. You do as you wish, gargle with Windex if you wish, but your opinion of me and how I care for my electronics is completely invalid.

I'm sure you care as much about MY opinion on this subject as I care about YOURS. (ie, zip, nada, zilch) :) Is that fair enough for you or are we going to beat a dead horse?

btw, did you notice I said I use other cleaning products (ie, a polymer) on my laptop's screen as well as other items? I'm getting the idea u think I spray windex on EVERYTHING. Not so.