Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By swade8
  • 1 Post By lizardchest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 weather update very hour is not an option, how could you change it to 15 min?

Found out the Gear 2 weather update is linked to stock weather widget, I can see every time I click update on my S4 it is updated on my Gear 2 and there is no 15 min update option in the widget nor you could change the Gear 2 weather to some other widget in my opinion.

So what need to be done in order to get the weather update every 15 min?

Default Re: Gear 2 weather update very hour is not an option, how could you change it to 15 min?

There's no way you can change that until some other weather app comes out. Accuweather weather info whose data is used on the phone widget is the worst and and least frequently updated information
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Gear 2 weather update very hour is not an option, how could you change it to 15 min?

Quote Originally Posted by nklv_aleksa View Post
    There's no way you can change that until some other weather app comes out. Accuweather weather info whose data is used on the phone widget is the worst and and least frequently updated information
    That is what I thought, hope Samsung would get it customized on some degree soon. Thanks for your reply!

try Rain Alarm for hour hrly updates

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher171 View Post
    try Rain Alarm for hour hrly updates
    ...... And. .... This works with the Gear 2? How? .....

Posted via Android Central App
    1812dave likes this.

Can you not google for it and install ? or get the app from Playstore?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher171 View Post
    Can you not google for it and install ? or get the app from Playstore?
    You do know this is the Gear 2 forum and the Gear 2 runs on Tizen, not Android(therefore no Play Store apps), right?? If you do know that and are suggesting that the Gear 2 pull it's weather info from anything but the stock weather app, it's not able to do that....yet...
    1812dave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    You do know this is the Gear 2 forum and the Gear 2 runs on Tizen, not Android(therefore no Play Store apps), right?? If you do know that and are suggesting that the Gear 2 pull it's weather info from anything but the stock weather app, it's not able to do that....yet...
    No I hadn't realised that, whoops, my error and stand corrected.

No worries. It looks like it will replace my radar app on my phone, so thanks for the heads up! It would(will?) be nice if they port it to Tizen/Gear 2.