Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

thanks. I'm eager to get it and try it out but getting tired of checking over and over. I suspect out of all the posters here, someone will spot it before me.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Default Re: If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

I'm right there with ya. I think my fingerprints will be worn down before the apps that we actually want appear.

Posted via Android Central App
    1812dave likes this.

Default Re: If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

On the bright side we do have 45 calculators so....

1812dave likes this.

Available now!

Thanked by:
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Downloaded and will do first run tomorrow morning. At first check, great interface and seems to sync well between watch and the phone.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Got it already!

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

I tried to download it but it says I need to have MapMyRun on my phone. I'm an old guy and use MapMyWalk instead, which I thought would be compatible. Any ideas how to get around this without loading MapMyRun?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    I tried to download it but it says I need to have MapMyRun on my phone. I'm an old guy and use MapMyWalk instead, which I thought would be compatible. Any ideas how to get around this without loading MapMyRun?
    If you download MapMyRun on your phone, it still has a option for walking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Keeps saying " Bluetooth connection lost move gear closer to smartphone to continue"

WTF! !!!!!!

I restarted the watch, then it connected, everything seems to be working with the connection now. One thing though, I don't get any heart rate data, is it not compatible with the heart rate monitor in the gear 2 watch?

anyone else having these same issues? I restarted the watch, uninstalled the app restarted the phone still nothing what could i be doing wrong??i have Mapmyrun installed in my S5..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.-20140508_064525.jpg  

Do you need to have the app open on your phone first? I'd the same issue but haven't got to test since.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Jr monitor not working and map my run not working on my phone either
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It seems to me that if you turn on the heart rate function it requires a Bluetooth connection to the phone so it cant also do the Bluetooth for the watch
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

As long as I don't enable heart rate sensor I don't get the Bluetooth error

But is true then? It's not compatible with the heart rate monitor built in the gear 2 watch?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMassaro View Post
    But is true then? It's not compatible with the heart rate monitor built in the gear 2 watch?
    That seems to be the case. There is an option to manually input HR data, but it would be ideal if it was able to pull it automatically.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    Available now!

Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon_irl View Post
    Do you need to have the app open on your phone first? I'd the same issue but haven't got to test since.

I tried that as well

Anyone manage to get this working yet? I've gear 2 neo and s4

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Get WHAT working exactly? I've no issue with the app other than HR monitoring is a total no-go. As far as using the app on phone & watch to monitor exercise, it seems to be working just fine.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Get WHAT working exactly? I've no issue with the app other than HR monitoring is a total no-go. As far as using the app on phone & watch to monitor exercise, it seems to be working just fine.
    Here's what I do.

ON THE PHONE:
    1. Turn on GPS and wait for it to stop flashing

2. Open MMR, hit RECORD, START.

ON THE WATCH
    A few moments, MMR info should appear on your watch.

Well I uninstalled the app on my phone, reinstalled now it's working with no issues! !!! This app is clean as hell
    1812dave likes this.

HR too?

As I understand no one has gotten hr from watch to work. Without hr the app kind of loses it point for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast