How do you rate the exercise accuracy on the gear 2?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I used the cycling app and it clocked me at 87mph next to my 3 year old. A new record..haha. Hopefully a fix will be coming. I will say, total distance and HR were accurate during the ride

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The distance measuring while WALKING is very accurate. Over the course of just over 3 miles, it's within .2. I find that acceptable. I base that on two of us walking together (both using our Gear 2's), and using GPS assisted MapMyRun program running on my Note 2. The HR monitoring while WALKING is USELESS. Reads far too high on both our watches. Doesn't concern me as I had zero expectation of it being accurate under those conditions. Resting HR is EXACT...

Perhaps riding a bike would provide more accuracy for the HR function due to not swinging one's arms?

Last edited:

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.. I'm planning on doing plenty of cycling so wanted to check. The walking is fine as long as the steps and miles is accurate

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
my biggest gripe is the sync between watch and phone for steps...I really like the S-Health app better than the pedometer app in gear manager...but the steps never match up.

:(

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I find that the step counted is very similar to my fitbit flex. I wear the Gear 2 on my left arm and the fitbit on my right arm. They are very similar. But they count a bit more than an ordinary step counter, because they count more than just steps. But that's ok with me, they show how active I am.

The calories burn is not the same on the Gear 2 as on Endomondo on the phone. 300 kcal burned on the Gear 2 is 415 on Endomondo (Walking).
The distance on Gear 2 is slightly less than on Endomondo. 1,86 km on the Gear is 1,94 km on Endomondo (Walking). Another measure: 2,57 km (Gear), 3,18 km (Endomondo). Endomondo uses the GPS of the phone, so I assume it is accurate.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys.. I'm planning on doing plenty of cycling so wanted to check. The walking is fine as long as the steps and miles is accurate

I'd be interested in hearing whatever results you have from biking. I had a Gear Fit and used it on a 40 mile ride this weekend, I enabled it the same time I started my Garmin 510 (and MapMyRide on my iPhone), just about 2 hours in I looked at the Fit and noticed it stopped tracking. It actually stopped 1:49:21 in so I realized it not too long after. It only registered 18.29 miles, which seems a little low. I started it back up and then it stopped again in another 54:10 and only registered 7.33 miles.

In total it registered about 25 out of 40 miles and under 3 hours of riding time when the other devices were at 3 hours 15 minutes. Again - this is with the Gear Fit; I'd love to know how the Neo or Gear 2 works.

jega_m

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am using Gear Fit with Note3 ! I see the calories burned as well distance across walking and running is slightly lower than other apps ! Such as Runkeeper..
Overall i see Gearfit is Reasonable !

Posted via Android Central App

Ramiro Soto

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I hope this thread is still active. So I got the GS2 2 weeks ago as a B-day gift, pretty psyched about that. I was debating between GS2 and Fitbit HR and ended up with the GS2. I did some research but didnt know what to expect, I knew I wanted it for all its features but I was most excited about the fitness monitoring. I like to run, lift, play rec sports, and most recently getting into mountain biking. After a week of trial I have more questions and concerns then answers and praise. So its pretty accurate in Run mode. Comparing the watch data vs treadmill data they are within measurments of eachother, nothing to complain about, pretty happy with that.
But the downfall is the cycling and lifting. I went on a 12 mile mountain bike ride, uphill downhill flat and the calories burned was 7. Same with weight lifting, worked out for about an hour, heart rate monitor was working well but again the calories burned was 3.
To me it seems like it only counts calories when the watch is moving back and fourth consecutively. fyi, i have the tmobile 3g/4g model. any feed back is appreciated.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hmm ... I use my Gear 2 neo on regular basis and get great tracking information for cycling. Just went out for a ride a couple of days ago. After you hit "start" for your exercise, I suggest you wait for the Gear to complete its measurement of your heart rate BEFORE starting your movement. I've had this issue before while running: I would hit start on my Gear and just take off. I ran for a few minutes and it read I've ran only .01 miles and burned 1 calorie. Also ensure you have location services active on your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-27-02-17-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-27-02-17-41.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4

Ramiro Soto

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-07-00.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-06-40.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-07-57.jpg

I did start my watch as i was already cycling. Im going for a ride this saturday and i will try waiting before taking off. I'm pretty sure my location service were active on my phone and watch. I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for the reply.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Let me know how it turns out. I know how it feels after working out only to find out your stats don't look right.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan