Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you rate the exercise accuracy on the gear 2?

How accurate do you think the Walker, cycling and steps is for example?

Anybody tried doing the cycling?
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Default Re: How do you rate the exercise accuracy on the gear 2?

I used the cycling app and it clocked me at 87mph next to my 3 year old. A new record..haha. Hopefully a fix will be coming. I will say, total distance and HR were accurate during the ride

Posted via Android Central App

The distance measuring while WALKING is very accurate. Over the course of just over 3 miles, it's within .2. I find that acceptable. I base that on two of us walking together (both using our Gear 2's), and using GPS assisted MapMyRun program running on my Note 2. The HR monitoring while WALKING is USELESS. Reads far too high on both our watches. Doesn't concern me as I had zero expectation of it being accurate under those conditions. Resting HR is EXACT...

Perhaps riding a bike would provide more accuracy for the HR function due to not swinging one's arms?
    Last edited by 1812dave; 05-05-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys.. I'm planning on doing plenty of cycling so wanted to check. The walking is fine as long as the steps and miles is accurate
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

my biggest gripe is the sync between watch and phone for steps...I really like the S-Health app better than the pedometer app in gear manager...but the steps never match up.

I find that the step counted is very similar to my fitbit flex. I wear the Gear 2 on my left arm and the fitbit on my right arm. They are very similar. But they count a bit more than an ordinary step counter, because they count more than just steps. But that's ok with me, they show how active I am.

The calories burn is not the same on the Gear 2 as on Endomondo on the phone. 300 kcal burned on the Gear 2 is 415 on Endomondo (Walking).
    The distance on Gear 2 is slightly less than on Endomondo. 1,86 km on the Gear is 1,94 km on Endomondo (Walking). Another measure: 2,57 km (Gear), 3,18 km (Endomondo). Endomondo uses the GPS of the phone, so I assume it is accurate.
    Thanked by:
    mustc 

I think its good it is the same with other smartwatch just a slight difference especially for its pedometer

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Thanks guys.. I'm planning on doing plenty of cycling so wanted to check. The walking is fine as long as the steps and miles is accurate
    I'd be interested in hearing whatever results you have from biking. I had a Gear Fit and used it on a 40 mile ride this weekend, I enabled it the same time I started my Garmin 510 (and MapMyRide on my iPhone), just about 2 hours in I looked at the Fit and noticed it stopped tracking. It actually stopped 1:49:21 in so I realized it not too long after. It only registered 18.29 miles, which seems a little low. I started it back up and then it stopped again in another 54:10 and only registered 7.33 miles.

In total it registered about 25 out of 40 miles and under 3 hours of riding time when the other devices were at 3 hours 15 minutes. Again - this is with the Gear Fit; I'd love to know how the Neo or Gear 2 works.
    Thanked by:
    mustc 

I am using Gear Fit with Note3 ! I see the calories burned as well distance across walking and running is slightly lower than other apps ! Such as Runkeeper..
    Overall i see Gearfit is Reasonable !

Posted via Android Central App