Gear 2 Neo Gallery App "No Items" displayed?

edge4628

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Gear 2 Neo this past weekend and when I go to the gallery app on the watch it says "no items." Am I supposed to add pictures to that gallery? Or is it supposed to automatically link the gallery on my S5 to the Gear? I have been searching and cannot find anything so any help is appreciated.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Gear 2 Neo this past weekend and when I go to the gallery app on the watch it says "no items." Am I supposed to add pictures to that gallery? Or is it supposed to automatically link the gallery on my S5 to the Gear? I have been searching and cannot find anything so any help is appreciated.

You can add pics to the gallery by using usb. There is currently no other way to add pics to the Neo. I've heard the original Galaxy Gear allowed users to view the phone gallery remotely on the watch, so hopefully that comes as a firmware update!

edge4628

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much it was driving me crazy. That would be a great update to have. I don't know why I didn't think about trying the USB.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've clicked on the usb debug box on the Neo and hooked up usb cable to my Windows computer and my Chromebook and all I get is the Charging on the Neo but no File explorer or File manager opening indicating of a folder menu present or anywhere to be found???.... Anyone have this problem?

Reubs Croft

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've clicked on the usb debug box on the Neo and hooked up usb cable to my Windows computer and my Chromebook and all I get is the Charging on the Neo but no File explorer or File manager opening indicating of a folder menu present or anywhere to be found???.... Anyone have this problem?

Check which cable you are using. Some only are able to charge other can do data transfer. I had the same issue with my S3. Couldn't work out why it wouldn't open file transfer on my PC, turns out it was the cable!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just checked the manual and found this and this is how you transfer them. I just tried it and it worked. I transferred 2 pictures onto my gallery on my Gear 2 Neo.

Transferring files
Move audio, video, images, or other types of file from a computer to the Gear™ 2 Neo, or vice versa.
1. Connect the Gear to the computer using the USB cable.
2. On the computer, open the Computer folder and double-click Gear 2 Neo (XXXX) → Gear.
3. Select a file on the computer and copy it to the desired storage location on the Gear™ 2 Neo.
4. Disconnect the USB cable.
Caution! Do not disconnect the Gear™ 2 Neo and the USB cable while transferring files. Doing so may damage
the Gear 2 Neo or result in data loss.
Do not disconnect the Gear™ 2 Neo from the computer while a media file stored in the Gear is playing
on the computer. Stop media playback on the computer and disconnect the Gear 2 Neo and the
computer.
If you use a USB hub, the connection may not work properly and it may cause a file transfer
malfunction. Samsung recommends connecting the Gear™ 2 Neo directly to the computer’s USB port.