Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MRBULLRED
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I get the Neo to control my phone's music player so I can listen through headphones?

I'm not interested in listening to music through the watch. This was pretty simple on my Pebble.
    Wow....My Asus tablet just Transformed into a netbook right before my eyes!

Default Re: How do I get the Neo to control my phone's music player so I can listen through headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeplaya View Post
    I'm not interested in listening to music through the watch. This was pretty simple on my Pebble.
    Not quite clear what you're asking for, as you say in the title you want the watch to control your phone, and in your post you say you want to listen through the watch. Two different goals, two different apps.

Media controller on the gear controls the media playing on your phone.

Music player plays music that you have loaded onto the internal memory of the watch.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I get the Neo to control my phone's music player so I can listen through headphones?

I want the watch to allow me to change the volume and title of the music i'm listening to through my phone. So I won't have to touch my phone to change what song i'm listening to or how loud the volume might be.

Like he said, media controller app will do what you want.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, got it to work. i wasn't realizing that I needed to use the media player for what I wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeplaya View Post
    Thanks, got it to work. i wasn't realizing that I needed to use the media player for what I wanted to do.
    I can't find an app called media controller? I have a gear 2 neo. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    I can't find an app called media controller? I have a gear 2 neo. Help please.
    Even when you select the "apps" icon on the gear? Looks like four squares...

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Even when you select the "apps" icon on the gear? Looks like four squares...
    Yes sir. No where to be found.

Media controller missing:

Posted via Android Central App

Everything up to the most current version? No one has mentioned missing stock apps on this forum before.

Everything up to the most current version? No one has mentioned missing stock apps on this forum before.
    Model number SM-R381
    Software version:R381XXU0BND8

What apps show up on the watch? Also, what apps show up in Gear Managenr on your phone?

Edit: just saw the video

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Model number SM-R381
    Software version:R381XXU0BND8

Sorry, it was unclear if you pressed the apps icon in ithe video. Did you? There are more apps in there

Edit: you know what you're doing. Don't mean to offend with my questions. What version gear manager?
    Thanked by:

Yes, sorry.

Sorry, it was unclear if you pressed the apps icon in ithe video. Did you? There are more apps in there

Edit: you know what you're doing. Don't mean to offend with my questions. What version gear manager?
    Yes sorry.

Just did a factory reset on the watch and now all is well.

lizardchest likes this.

From now on, that's my go to advice. Lol
    Thanked by:

Not quite clear what you're asking for, as you say in the title you want the watch to control your phone, and in your post you say you want to listen through the watch. Two different goals, two different apps.

Media controller on the gear controls the media playing on your phone.

Music player plays music that you have loaded onto the internal memory of the watch.