Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Health compatibility for non S5 phones

I am wondering if Samsung has released or if have mentioned a release date for the new S-Health that is going to be compatible for all other Samsung smartphones with their range of new smart watches?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S-Health compatibility for non S5 phones

No. The watch is designed for Samsung only phones. Non Samsung phones are excluded from their market so they won't release anything to help them

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If you read my post you would see I said all other Samsung smartphones that have S-Health. Ie the Note 3 and S4

Demian,

I posted a response back from Samsung regarding this in another thread but I am going to re-post it. Disappointing response to say the least.

Dear Alex Martin,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your Email, we understand that you are able to Sync S-Health with Gear 2 Neo using Samsung S5 and not with Note 3.

We understand your requirement.

We have checked all the available resources from our end and we are unable to speculate when/if S-Health will be Synced with Gear 2 Neo using Note 3 might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website.

I think s health works when you get kitkat, at least that is what I am hoping. My verizon note 3 is on 4.3.. The fitness with gear app works partially, I want to see the charts where the data is actually correct, s health was good at that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Wow AlexMartin thanks for sharing.

Does Samsung really mean to say that the gear 2 will only ever be truly compatible with the S5?

I have no idea, the response was so vague. Felt like talking to a politician.

Alas kitkat makes no difference to S Health on the Note 3. I got a very similar don't know, don't care response from Samsung UK. Stuck with Fitness with Gear that frankly is garbage, most of the time showing blank pages when trying to get more detailed info from the front screen in addition to getting duplicated pedometer readings each day this week.
    UK got a firmware update today that listed improved S Health (didn't say which handset) but made no difference on my Note 3.
    I side loaded the S5 S Health, Health and sleep apk's which worked great (for a few hours) but couldn't get them to work with any kind of stability so uninstalled but the potential is definately there.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I've called Samsung 6 times and live chatted with them once. Not one time did they admit that s health simply won't work correctly with anything but the S5. It's been over a month and the Note 3 and S4 still can not be totally integrated like the S5 with S Health.

What we have here is a DIRTY marketing ploy to sell more S5s.

Quote Originally Posted by jega_m View Post
    Samsung is quite and do not see hope of samsung fixing issues with Gear Fit, Gear2 & Gear Neo ! WASTE OF MONEY

You are posting the same things in many threads. Since you think it's a waste of money, why don't you return it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I tried but it's been 30 days and they won't take mine back. I figured they would update the software in a month but I was wrong.

Bet note 4 will be out before they update it..
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Gear S
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Any updates on this? Anyone get this working on the note 3? Any S-Health update?

Thumbs up Re: S-Health compatibility for non S5 phones

do a Google search on XDA as I got the "apk" for S-Health of an S-5 and loaded it on my T-Mobile Galaxy Note II... there are a couple of quirks with it on sync as you have to do it twice once on manager and other on S-Health but other than that works fine

here is the link I used for mine.... S Health app (apk file) ported to Samsung Galaxy S3, Note2, Galaxy S4 etcDiGiPASSION