Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hi I have the gear 2 neo and the note 3 and I cant seem to control the music from my phone wether I use the regular music app or google play music. Nothing works only to raise and lower the volume. Wont pause wont play and wont switch tracks. Help please

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Default Re: media controller not working

What music app are you using?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The stock music player and or google music one they both dont work

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The stock music player and ive tried the google music app neither work

Use MEDIA Controller; NOT the Music Player.

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Use MEDIA PLAYER; NOT the Music Player.
    *media controller

OP titled the thread that. It's weird b/c he can control volume, but nothing else. That should indicate he is using the right app on the Gear...

he wrote "music app". that doesn't sound like Media controller to me.

Yeah, but if he was referring to the "regular music app or google play music" , kind of points to phone apps, no?
    And the "Thread" is titled media controller not working :P

Wait. Are you talking about Gear apps or phone apps???

let's relax and see if the OP clarifies what his issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    let's relax and see if the OP clarifies what his issue is.
    Yup! Sorry if I was coming across as pissy!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Yup! Sorry if I was coming across as pissy!
    not at all.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Im using the media controller on the gear 2 but on my phone ive tried both players that the note 3 comes with the gegular music app from samsung and play music. On the gear 2 it shows album covers and all I can raise and lower the volume but I cant pause hit play or change tracks... its weird

Quote Originally Posted by bigdpower View Post
    Im using the media controller on the gear 2 but on my phone ive tried both players that the note 3 comes with the gegular music app from samsung and play music. On the gear 2 it shows album covers and all I can raise and lower the volume but I cant pause hit play or change tracks... its weird

how about vol control from media controller to pandora on phone? does it work? works on mine.

will check the other (crappy) music apps in a bit and report back.

edit: media controller works to control vol of Play Music on phone (Note 2). I do NOT have album art on watch in Play Music, despite having album art on phone display.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Volume control is not an issue I can switch tracks or pause or play songs using the media controller to phone I have to use the phone inorder to pause or switch tracks. Volume controls work but other controls on media controller doesnt work

Volume control is not an issue I can switch tracks or pause or play songs using the media controller to phone I have to use the phone inorder to pause or switch tracks. Volume controls work but other controls on media controller doesnt work

ah. i misread your original post. in any event, on my watch I can pause and go forward or backwards when running Play Music on phone

What screen are u seeing album art from Play Music, on? I get album art to show when using Music Player, but not Media controller with Play Music.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Ive tried restarting the watch and disconnecting and reconecting it to the phone and nothing. I even get the album art and all but cant go forward, reverse, play or pause.

ah. I see another issue. After stopping Play Music on phone, starting up Pandora, the Media Controller still shows the title of the music last played on Play Music, instead of current song in Pandora. I can still control Pandora's vol and song skips but cant see the correct song, despite hitting "Close All" on watch. Restarted watch. same result
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Im using music player. on play music I dont get album art and neither players work on the media controller when it comes to switching songs or pausing

On my Media Controller, I see the album art(on watch) and can use all functions(on watch) to control default music app on phone. Have you tried the good ol' reset/re-pair? Sorry I can't offer much(read:any) help, as I can't duplicate your problem..
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    On my Media Controller, I see the album art(on watch) and can use all functions(on watch) to control default music app on phone. Have you tried the good ol' reset/re-pair? Sorry I can't offer much(read:any) help, as I can't duplicate your problem..
    Im doing a factory reset as we speak on the watch will let you know what happens

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Nothing at all I did the factory reset on the watch and nothing still works on the watch when it comes to media controller. All I can still control is volume

Nothing at all I did the factory reset on the watch and nothing still works on the watch when it comes to media controller. All I can still control is volume

U have the neo and I have the G2.

You have the Note 3 and I have the Note 2.

Perhaps its an issue with compatibility between the different pairs.

You might want to call samsung for support and lodge a complaint about the sw if they can't resolve it. Perhaps they need to add it to their list of issues for the next OS release.

Strangely enough, when I fire up Milk, the correct songs display. ie, they override the previous Media Controller's display of a song that played during the last time I ran Play Music on my phone.

Switching Milk off and firing up Pandora. Same issue as before: it shows the last Milk song...

Seems it doesn't do well with Pandora. I wonder if Samsung will point their finger at Pandora, and Pandora, back at Samsung?

On the bright side, I can control the volume of Netflix...

Unsurprisingly my wife's note 2 and her watch exhibit the same issues with Media Controller.

I have no idea if this is useful info, but I have the G2 and the Note 3 (VZW). I have no trouble with media controller. Works awesome. I can use Samsung music player, leave it playing, open Play Music, as the music changes on the phone, the new album art appears on the G2. Following same steps it proceeds seamlessly to Milk and back through the others again.
    johnmltb33 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast