Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Use Gear Neo2 as remote for Smartphone Camera and Viewer ? possible ?

I had a Sony smartwatch that I was using previously as a remote viewer to my Galaxy Note 2 and remote shutter to activate camera.
    I had hoped the same was possible using the Neo 2. Anyone know if this capability is in the works? since it has a Picture Gallery function I would think this would be easy to implement. [/B]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atea.sw2.rshot

Default Re: Use Gear Neo2 as remote for Smartphone Camera and Viewer ? possible ?

Someone will add it, the app challenge just begun

Default Re: Use Gear Neo2 as remote for Smartphone Camera and Viewer ? possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyto View Post
    Someone will add it, the app challenge just begun
    Agreed. I bet it will make its debut during this first round of the app challenge.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

To me it seems as one of the most used applications one can use with a smartphone considering how many of us use it to take pictures and videos, with the Sony I had used it at least once a week, not just for group photos or selfies but when holding the phone above a crowd and viewing what the phone sees on the smartwatch and taking the picture of course.
    a smartwatch is a remote for the phone in many things from audio/media to notifications, and I see people complaining it takes them a time to not reach for the phone when wearing a smartwatch as we are creatures of habit. I've been lucky in that regard as I have always worn a watch and the Sony or Neo are just a better replacement of more option.

I think we should get a list or poll going to what people expect from their Gear Neo2 as an extension of their smartphone?
    I have a very long list that one can do with a Neo smartwatch........
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Gear2cam
    I have been using this since it came out and works great!, but it is very particular how you start it up...