Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By lizardchest
  • 1 Post By johnmltb33
  • 1 Post By johnmltb33
  • 5 Post By dorrien12
  • 5 Post By ROBNOB9X
  • 3 Post By Saccs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching out the watch bands

Has anyone tried switching out to watch bands on either the gear 2 or the gear neo 2? I prefer a metal stretchy watch band over the plastic wear leather type watch band that you have to buckle. I like to just be able to slide my watch on rather than buckling it on.

I would be looking to find a nice rose gold band to go with the gear 2. They make it look really easy to switch them but actually doing it could be a whole nother story.

I'm wondering if anyone tried this and how it works for them?

Deb from my Note 3

Default Re: Switching out the watch bands

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Has anyone tried switching out to watch bands on either the gear 2 or the gear neo 2? I prefer a metal stretchy watch band over the plastic wear leather type watch band that you have to buckle. I like to just be able to slide my watch on rather than buckling it on.

I would be looking to find a nice rose gold band to go with the gear 2. They make it look really easy to switch them but actually doing it could be a whole nother story.

I'm wondering if anyone tried this and how it works for them?

Deb from my Note 3
    Check out this thread: Watch Band Photo Thread
    ShaggyKids likes this.

I changed out my Gear 2 band with a 22mm NATO ballistic nylon band, simply because the stock band was too small. The spring pins that Samsung refers to as presto pins are easy to change as they have an extra little leg on one side to compress them. As long as you are not too short on patience or time it is easy! Whether you can slide the watch onto another band would depend entirely on the band. On mine I had to compress the pins again and fit them in a small area of the band to reattach the watch.
    ShaggyKids likes this.

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by johnmltb33 View Post
    I changed out my Gear 2 band with a 22mm NATO ballistic nylon band, simply because the stock band was too small. The spring pins that Samsung refers to as presto pins are easy to change as they have an extra little leg on one side to compress them. As long as you are not too short on patience or time it is easy! Whether you can slide the watch onto another band would depend entirely on the band. On mine I had to compress the pins again and fit them in a small area of the band to reattach the watch.
    Compressing the pins is the standard way to attach any watch band. Are you saying you reused the Samsung presto pins on your new band? If so, I guess the leg must have fit inside your NATO band. I doubt that would work on a metal band.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    Compressing the pins is the standard way to attach any watch band. Are you saying you reused the Samsung presto pins on your new band? If so, I guess the leg must have fit inside your NATO band. I doubt that would work on a metal band.
    Yes, that is what I'm saying. The pins will fit inside the NATO band, but there is always the option to replace them with regular spring pins. Amazon carries 22mm pins and a small tool for the job at a very reasonable cost.
    ShaggyKids likes this.

I use the regular 22mm spring bar pins and a push pin (big ones) to push the pins out....don't need a tool, her is a pic of the pin I use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switching out the watch bands-1399940196149.jpg  

I switched and put on this metal strap. Looks so much nicer now and was slightly fiddly but pretty simple to do.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Here is my watch band... It's has small traces of gold in between the inner links that I found unique.... Switching out the watch bands-uploadfromtaptalk1400446181716.jpgSwitching out the watch bands-uploadfromtaptalk1400446198554.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switching out the watch bands-uploadfromtaptalk1400446227514.jpg  
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Nice!

Deb from my Note 3

Where did you get those watch faces?