Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jschu22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up

I went for a 4-mile trail run yesterday and a ton of condensation/moisture appeared INSIDE the camera and IR lens. I took a picture of it yesterday and today. The shot attached is from today. It's so bad the phone won't take pictures. It will but the shots look like the attached image; you can't see anything (that is a picture of a sunflower in decent lighting). I waited 24 hours and the condensation is just as bad as it was after the run. I live in Hawaii so it's very humid but I haven't had any problems with my phone's lens fogging up... or a GoPro I've used before in identical climates. There was no rain when I ran. I also NEVER get my watch wet except when I wash my hands and water splashes up onto my wrist area. I have never once submerged the watch. I only noticed the condensation after the run; it was never there before. Anyone else have this problem? I'm bringing it to the AT&T store to see what they say. I may end up swapping it out for a Gear Neo since the camera is the only additional feature (which is now useless on my Gear 2). Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up-2014-05-11-10.48.31.jpg

This is a picture of a sunflower
    Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up-2014-05-11-13.51.36.jpg
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    33,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Default Re: Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up

Might be worth at least one warranty repair or return, it could be a damaged seal on the camera, that really should not be happening. Definitely sounds like a defect or manufacturing flaw, and grounds to return it!
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

I'm so weary. Watch is 5 days old. Same problem. ATT refuses exchange and Samsung wants to put me through the warranty issue. This is obviously a known problem that nobody wants to talk about.
    Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up-dsc_0979.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maht View Post
    I'm so weary. Watch is 5 days old. Same problem. ATT refuses exchange and Samsung wants to put me through the warranty issue. This is obviously a known problem that nobody wants to talk about.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0979.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	393.2 KB 
ID:	119601
    Call retention dept and let them know what a loyal cust you are and how this is not right and how UNHAPPY you are...insist they credit your account for the amount. If it doesn't work the first time, call again (this advice is assuming you are a AT&T cust).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

I don't love suggesting this but given their apparent lack of interest in helping you, just straight up return it to another store without mentioning it. Yes you will lose some on the restocking fee but its better than the road you're going down otherwise.

Posted via Android Central App
    1812dave likes this.