Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today on my Galaxy Note III, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).

What's happening:

Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 Neo and GS4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality with a GS4/Note III with Kitkat installed?

Thanks!

Default Re: Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat

Same problem with Note 2 and Gear 2, after upgrade to kitkat.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same problem. Just updated to Kit Kat today on my Verizon Note 3 and cant get the auto unlock to work. Help!!

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

I already had KitKat on my Sprint Note 3 when I got the Gear 2, but this works fine for me. In fact it's one of my favorite things about this watch.

I think it is a Verizon Note 3 Kitkat bug. Happened when I updated today as well. I have yet to find a fix.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I had the same issue and did a factory reset on the gear and the auto lock is working now. They seem to have added a lock icon when swiping to unlock the phone. I was actually trying to fix another issue when i did the factory reset on my gear 2.

Quote Originally Posted by alengman View Post
    I had the same issue and did a factory reset on the gear and the auto lock is working now. They seem to have added a lock icon when swiping to unlock the phone. I was actually trying to fix another issue when i did the factory reset on my gear 2.
    Thank you!

Exactly right. It appears to be linked to changes in the lock screen. I was frustrated to have to do the factory reset, but it worked brilliantly. (Be sure to back up your device first folks, it makes things a bit easier to restore. ) Thanks again!