Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Don't believe the hype about good battery life.

Graphene may help battery life
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Any chance you're also running a non-stock watch face? The couple I've tried are huge battery hogs.

I think this holds true for many 3rd party apps. They clearly don't have the expertise just yet to optimize battery life.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    Any chance you're also running a non-stock watch face? The couple I've tried are huge battery hogs.

I think this holds true for many 3rd party apps. They clearly don't have the expertise just yet to optimize battery life.

Posted via Android Central App
    No way. stock it is.

Mine lasts only about 2 days. I have gesture on, brightness to 3 and I use it in sleep mode at night. I use it for notifications, taking some pictures and for exercise. And the pedometer. Think the battery should last longer. It's not always so easy to charge when I'm doing things all day and want it to monitor my sleep at night...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

What are you going to do with the information you get about sleep? First of all does the watch really know how many hours you are sleeping? And if you aren't getting as much sleep as you want what can you do about it?

I am 91 hours since last charge on my Gear 2 Neo and have 24% battery left on it, from my previous Sony smartwatch this is leaps and bounds above!!

Too bad there is no easy way to post a "Log File" from the Gear Neo devices so that we can do intelligent comparisons on how and why some setups use more battery?, even a simple screenshot of setup configuration file would be good for proper analysis on this topic..... Just my two cents....

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    What are you going to do with the information you get about sleep? First of all does the watch really know how many hours you are sleeping? And if you aren't getting as much sleep as you want what can you do about it?
    It's like everything else on this watch: I do not really need it, but it's fun! When I wake up in the morning, I have always a feeling about if I have slept well or not. It is fun to see if the watch agrees or not. But, as I said in another thread, it is not very good at monitoring the sleep... I also wish it would show me more details.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Hufza View Post
    It's like everything else on this watch: I do not really need it, but it's fun! When I wake up in the morning, I have always a feeling about if I have slept well or not. It is fun to see if the watch agrees or not. But, as I said in another thread, it is not very good at monitoring the sleep... I also wish it would show me more details.
    I couldn't agree more. We don't really need the watch but it is just so darn cool. I strap it on as soon as I get up in the morning and I love getting messages on it

ROM
    The MidNote 1.4.2 Rom

I easily get 2-2.5 days of battery out of my gear 2. Probably could go longer but I never let the battery get lower than 35%.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by ATT.Fan1982 View Post
    I easily get 2-2.5 days of battery out of my gear 2. Probably could go longer but I never let the battery get lower than 35%.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Mine has never dropped to less than 1%...I've no idea what happened the time it did that.

I also noticed high battery consumption when using MapMyRun. Apparently, after you begin workout, the log on the watch gets thrashed with pedometer-related messages coming from S Health service, at the rate of 2-3 per second. This, combined with the fact the watch screen stays lit (though dimmed) for the entire duration of the workout, is probably contributing to high battery consumption. I'm going to report this to MapMyFitness, hopefully they'll be able to provide a quick fix.

More information about causes of high battery consumption (especially on non-Samsung devices) can be found here.

Update on high battery drainage issue with MMR Gear 2 app. I logged a ticket with MMR, pointing out the issue and the fact Gear 2 gets thrashed with S Health error messages when you start workout with MMR app on the Gear. For response I got complete set of instructions on how to set up MMR on the phone and on the Gear. Well, as if I didn't know it... Apparently, MMR Customer Support has no clue. The funniest in all this is that they marked the ticket as "solved" and closed it!
    I reopened the ticket and, trying to remain calm and polite, explained to them (once again) what was the problem. Let's see what they come up with this time around...

Quote Originally Posted by Cherenkov View Post
    I don't use runkeeper or MayMyRun or those, I just use my watch for notifications mainly, some S-voice and things like that. I generally get 4-5 days on a single charge with it alerting about 100 emails a day, on brightness level 4. This is with gesture-wake on. I don't think I could ask for more than that, but of course, YMMV.
    Hi. Which gear version are you on? I used to have the same battery life until I upgraded to 2.0.1404 a couple of weeks ago afterwhich I only get less than a day's worth of usage at the same number of apps and usage. I switched off bluetooth and used it as pure watch and it went back to 3 days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Hi. Which gear version are you on? I used to have the same battery life until I upgraded to 2.0.1404 a couple of weeks ago afterwhich I only get less than a day's worth of usage at the same number of apps and usage. I switched off bluetooth and used it as pure watch and it went back to 3 days.

Some users have had issues with using non-stock watch faces...

Definitely stock. I have just upgraded GM to 2.1.14 and there is no significant improvement.

I may be mistaken about this, but you seem to be referring to your Gear Manager version, not your Gear 2 version - one is the app on your phone and the other is the software on your watch.
    Version 2.1.14052101 is what my Gear Manager version is, my Gear 2 Neo is on software version R381XXU0BND8.
    (You seem to realize this.) I'm not sure how the app on the phone would affect battery life..

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Some users have had issues with using non-stock watch faces...
    It seems to be only Watch Styler faces. Multi-Watch faces don't drag the battery down at all. At least that has been my experience and what I have read about from others. I think you can now load Watch Styler created faces with Mult-Watch 2.2 but I haven't tried it to confirm, or whether doing it that way would help battery life.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    I may be mistaken about this, but you seem to be referring to your Gear Manager version, not your Gear 2 version - one is the app on your phone and the other is the software on your watch.
    Version 2.1.14052101 is what my Gear Manager version is, my Gear 2 Neo is on software version R381XXU0BND8.
    (You seem to realize this.) I'm not sure how the app on the phone would affect battery life..
    Sorry for the confusion. GM version is xxxx101 while the gear 2 was xxxxNDD. Upgraded gear 2 today to xxxxBNE5 with stock apps only and still the battery is getting drained fast. I am thinking it must be the GM app that is preventing the gear to "sleep" and unusually consuming power. I am no techie and this is just a hunch.

Fixed the battery problem by deleting and reinstalling google account. Apparently there is a conflict with the gmail phone book causing the contact sync to take forever thus draining the battery.

Thanked by:
    lizardchest likes this.

Hi,
    my gear 2 only lasts 10 to 12 hours maximum,

I have installed like 10 differents clocks, but I have to charge it every day and sometime twice a day, I have bluetooth on always...

I will try to remove all sofware and check if battery improves.... I wonder if there is a way to detect wich software is consuming most of the battery, I notice that the processor is always like 40% acording to one of the skins...

Thanks in avance for any sugestiong...

I would always start by rebooting the gear 2 and not install any additional apps at all, just stock. Then remove and reinstall all contacts (google, hotmail, fb, etc.) then observe your battery performance. Br sure to upgrade your gear apps on the smartphone as well to the latest version. I have fixed this problem ever since I reinstalled all my contacts. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by roritreo View Post
    Hi,
    my gear 2 only lasts 10 to 12 hours maximum,

I have installed like 10 differents clocks, but I have to charge it every day and sometime twice a day, I have bluetooth on always...

I will try to remove all sofware and check if battery improves.... I wonder if there is a way to detect wich software is consuming most of the battery, I notice that the processor is always like 40% acording to one of the skins...

Thanks in avance for any sugestiong...
    I would definitely say that was not normal. I take mine off the charger at about 5:00 am and put it back on around 7 or 8 pm (only because I charge mine every night). Not sure exactly how much is left but I think plenty. I'll pay closer attention to it today.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

After reinstalling all my contacts, my gear 2 is eating up 1.5% every hour so that should give me ~3 days worth of battery life for each full charge.

Yesterday and the end of the day i had 5% left. So i definitely had to handle this.
    First of all i thought the alarm app was using much battery, so i deleted it. After this it still dropped 2% in 30 minutes.
    Then i just removed all watch faces i installed. This did the trick. I was steady now. So i installed only the one watchface i really like. Thinking maybe the seconds was using to much. (i remember that displaying seconds on my note2, made it slow and hikup every second.)
    So now it is only 2% over 2 hours.
    O i also disabled the watch movement for turning on. I just use the button and see if this is workable for me at this point.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast