Have had it a week now and only charged it once. Awesome. I really am liking it and it's WAAAAY lighter than I ever thought. Today I had a weird issue where it kept defaulting to level one brightness if I didn't use it for several minutes. But I reset and it's back to normal. Aside from that it's worked like a charm. I do wish it had that Fleksy keyboard already and Google Voice instead of the mediocre S-Voice but oh well. A few questions though...
1) Any way to get voicemail notifications on the watch? Regular voicemail not visual VM.
2) I wish we could control a DVD/Bluray player with it. I love using it for the TV and Cable...just missing the DVD/Bluray player.
3) Anyone use it for their Air Conditioning control? I see that's an option but really the most popular brands out there like Honeywell and Nest aren't listed on the "list" of manufacturers.
4) Wish the texts were displayed in conversation mode and not individual. I can see this being a product of underdevelopment and it will be a norm in the future. One of the downsides of having an early model I guess. :(
5) Do I have to be using the default mail client to actually see the whole email? I use Maildroid on my phone (love it) and I get the notifications on my watch, but only the name and email subject title.
6) Any news on the gallery app. Would be nice if it tied into the actual gallery on my phone.
7) Anyway to set shortcuts for calling people. For example I call my wife often. On my phone I set up a shortcut to call her directly. Can I do this on the watch?
8) Any way to increase bluetooth range? I think this is one of the main limiting factors of these watches. Would be nice to come home, drop the phone and not carry it around to maintain functionality. Outside of 20-30 feet it drops.
That's all for now. :)
Re: Gear Neo...
Bluetooth only has a 33 foot range, although the watch seems to work further away.
Re: Gear Neo...
For 1, I have added voicemail notifications in Gear Manager but I haven't had any voicemails yet to verify if it works.
For 8, the Gear 2 has BT 4.0 which has a longer range, as does my Note 3. That might be why some of us are seeing a longer range and some are not.