Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hufza
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would love to see this feature...

We have S-voice on our watch and phone, correct? Sure.

S-voice can transcribe an SMS message for us, as well as do other tasks, correct? Sure, again.

S-voice can even transcribe a voice memo AND create both a sound file and a text file, correct? Heck, yes!

SO....why in the heck can't the developers give us...

transcribed texts from SMS, Hangouts, et al, converted from text to voice (ie, the other way around).

I was thinking about this while walking with my headphones, enjoying the sunshine and Pandora. I don't want to have to squint at my watch (or phone) to see if I've gotten any messages from certain people--I'd love to just hear the messages PLAY OVER MY HEADPHONES as they come in. It's not good enough for me to just have texting apps notifications...I want to HEAR the messages that I get from designated people.

Of course, I want the ability to assign this feature to each texting app as well as the person.

What do you think? If you like this idea, and know who to contact about implementing this, share or pass along this idea to the appropriate organization.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Default Re: Would love to see this feature...

This is more of a phone wish than Gear wish. The stock messaging app does this but I understand you want that from 3rd party programs. I have a feeling this could be more complicated for developers and maybe not cost effective. Just thinking out loud though.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Anything to better differentiate Android from iPhone would be better for developers that are interested primarily in android
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

I use eCID (enhanced SMS & caller ID or something) on my phone to have my notifications (hangouts, SMS..) spoken. But, it does not always work, for some reason. I use it in the car.
    1812dave likes this.