Gear 2 + Headsets

Jacopo Sabbadini

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a question: i'm thinking about buying the gear 2 neo, and i have a galaxy s5; i really like to play my music with the phone, using my headset plugged in (i have a bose headsets with a very good playback sound), and i'd like to know 2 things:
1- is it possible to control the phne player with the gear, for instance to change the song, or the volume?
2- if i recive a call, and i answer with the gear, is it possible to use it as a mic ony, having the audio from the call passing through the headsets?

Thank you in advanced.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The Gear absolutely can control the phones (stock) music player-volume, fwd/verse, display album art. I believe others have said it works on Pandora, Milk, and others.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your second question

Jacopo Sabbadini

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.

Is there anyone who knows if you can split the audio from the mic that way, to have the audio coming from the headsets while using the gear's mic? or maybe someone who actually has the gear who would like to make a test?

sniickers

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the gear 2 neo using a note 3 and the bluetooth backbeats go 2 head phones. You can use the gear 2 to control just about any audio app such as pause, play skip forward or back and of course volume control. I use the poweramp app because it also shows the current song playing on my gear 2 neo. Far as audio and the mic, its only one of the 3 you can use at once from my experience thus far. I don't have any non mic headphones to try and see if audio is done solely through the headphones and mic through the gear. But I assume not because the gear gives you the option to either use it or transfer to the phone or a Bluetooth headset. Hope this helps.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a question: i'm thinking about buying the gear 2 neo, and i have a galaxy s5; i really like to play my music with the phone, using my headset plugged in (i have a bose headsets with a very good playback sound), and i'd like to know 2 things:
1- is it possible to control the phne player with the gear, for instance to change the song, or the volume?
2- if i recive a call, and i answer with the gear, is it possible to use it as a mic ony, having the audio from the call passing through the headsets?

Thank you in advanced.
The answer to your second question is no. But you can move your phone call from the watch to the headset or from the headset to the watch. Though it would be cool if you could.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22