SOS Gear app - no sound?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Got my Gear 2 yesterday, its synced w/my phone and I downloaded SOS Gear - suppose to emit a loud siren sound in an emergency on a double click of the home button. Problem is, it flashes the HELP sign on the screen but I have no sound. Volume is turned up to 10 - 12 on all volume options. Any idea how to make SOS Gear make sound?

Thanks,
Deb

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The "loud siren sound" is a joke (ie, even when it emits a sound, it's not really going to summon help by nature of the watche's tiny speaker). read the comments on the Reviews page. its pretty much a USELESS app, so I'd just delete it.

Last edited:

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There is a better app called "SOS PnT" of which will send a text message with your GPS position to whoever you have associated and programed on the app on your phone... I actually tried it and works very well, you can get it from the Samsung app store in Health/Fitness category.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a better app called "SOS PnT" of which will send a text message with your GPS position to whoever you have associated and programed on the app on your phone... I actually tried it and works very well, you can get it from the Samsung app store in Health/Fitness category.

Thanks. Do you know if this will work to send the message to a dumb phone?

Deb from my Note 3

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
to any phone but it needs a web connection to access Google maps... it will have an SOS then with GPS coordinates,
just look at sample screenshots on Samsung apps manager.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. I found it in Lifestyle though, it wasn't in Health/Fitness on my phone.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I still like the idea of an audible alarm. If anyone knows of an app that works please post it. Maybe I can find one that works on my phone that can sound from my watch.

Deb from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz