Sudden 30% battery drop

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Had my Gear 2 Neo for a couple of weeks, been running various test and with my settings if I do nothing battery drops about 1% a hr.

Brightness: 2
Screen: 10 sec
Wakeup: to button
Notify: phone & sms only

I turned it on at 6:43 pm on Tues and it had 75%. I made 4 phone calls (one was a 4 min call on the watch, the others I immediately switched to the phone), and had 4 sms.

At 11:53pm my battery was at 43%. So in 5 hrs., it dropped 32%, thats a lot. That's like 6% an hr.

On other days I have used it and it hasn't had that big of a drop. I've made phone calls and some text, used the exercise and heart monitor and it has yet to drop like that.

I read where people are saying their watches start acting up later, has anyone experienced a drop like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

nklv_aleksa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I had same problem. Two weeks I have been searching for solution and nothing but factory reset of phone and Gear 2 did not help. Now, 4 days after, battery is on 50% level with normal usage

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
How many contacts do you guys have? You might be facing the same problem (and could potentially use the same solution) as described here.

nklv_aleksa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
@mpogr
I read your post, you might be right. I also noticed that if I uninstall goproviders apk battery is doing fine, but with watch limitations. So I have done factory reset of both devices and the result is OK for now

edit: and yes, this problem affects on Samsung devices, too

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
How many contacts do you guys have? You might be facing the same problem (and could potentially use the same solution) as described here.

I shouldn't have to do anything special. This has been working for 2 weeks and the battery was fine. In the beginning I did have to factory reset to get it working correctly, but then my battery life was great. I didn't make any changes and all of a sudden it dropped 30%. I shouldn't have to factory reset again, this seems like a faculty battery to me.

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I shouldn't have to do anything special. This has been working for 2 weeks and the battery was fine. In the beginning I did have to factory reset to get it working correctly, but then my battery life was great. I didn't make any changes and all of a sudden it dropped 30%. I shouldn't have to factory reset again, this seems like a faculty battery to me.

When I started experiencing sharp battery drops (reaching 30% per hour at times) I also suspected I had faulty battery at first. However, do a simple test: turn Bluetooth off on your watch. If you battery life improves dramatically, then your hardware is OK. Try the APK I posted on XDA. If this doesn't help, you're welcome to send me the logs (there are instructions on how to produce those in the same thread).

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue a few days ago but I then came to the conclusion that my battery died. Watch had been doing fine for 4 days no issues then by Sunday at 10am nothing. *Screen was black, couldn't wake it up, tried everything I could think of. *

Then I read read somewhere, if you hold the button in for 3 seconds and then connect the dock charger, then release the button. Whallala***

<I should have checked my battery level as soon as it came back on to determine if it was a battery issue or just a glitch> but I didn't think to look at that. If others have issues like this, I'd like to know.

The watch Restarted. . So I gave it a full charge and it's been fine for almost 4 days now.

But I do recall that at 9 am Sunday when I checked my battery life I had 23% remaining. Which I no doubt should had gotten me through at least another day. :-( but it didn't.

I'm glad I got it back on from that article I read by another poster. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Do you wear the watch in the shower? I have since the 2nd day I've had it. And it's been about 5 weeks now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12