Sleep Genius and Trainr apps. Your opinions on apps and battery drain info.

kh4fun

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on getting a Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo in the near future. A couple of the apps that look the most interesting to me are Sleep Genius and Trainr. For those that have used the apps how much of a battery drain due they cause?

For Sleep Genius - It appears like it should give better info on how you sleep over the built in Samsung app. Is this correct or does it just help with the quality of your sleep. If it tracks better is there any way to have it run without the sound if desired?

For Trainr - Does it track reps of exercises without any input from you or suggestions from the app. Looking to see if it would be able to track the reps and sets of exercises when I am doing CrossFit. Have they implemented it so that it takes advantage of the heart rate monitor?

Are there any surprising extra benefits of the apps you were surprised that it did or did better than you expected? What do you like the best or you wish was done better?

Thanks for your time and help.

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Sleep Genius only as local alarm replacement, as I don't have a problem falling asleep.
It's actually quite nice, usually wakes me up (gently!) 2-3 minutes before the designated time (it starts playing its thing 5 minutes before the time). The UI is pretty basic and quite buggy (e.g. if you try to see the alarm time, it'll reset it to the current time), but for me it does the job. I haven't seen any battery drainage issue with this functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1