Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Talderon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default How often does your Gear 2 disconnect?

I am using my Gear 2 with my new S5 and about 4-5 times a day the bluetooth disconnects and immediately reconnects. Is this happening to anyone else? I get an error message "failed to connect to..."

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How often does your Gear 2 disconnect?

I don't have a problem with that unless I walk out to my truck and get out of range other than that no

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mine disconnects when I'm out of range is well. Perhaps that's what's happening with yours?

You could test this by walking around your house or office wherever both with and then without the phone or vice versa and see if it disconnects when your phone is close verses when its not.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Unhappy Re: How often does your Gear 2 disconnect?

Before last Gear Manager update of last week... NEVER! ... now I get at least once a day!, I liked it before as I never had problems whatsoever even if I went down to my garage it was still connected!, now if I go more than 10 feet it disconnects and my battery life is worse!

Mine only disconnects when I go 30 feet from my phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Mine does it even if I'm holding the phone in the hand that the watch is on so it's not a range issue. I went to Verizon yesterday and they are sending me a new phone. I realized it does it in my car too so there has to be an issue with the bluetooth radio.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    Mine does it even if I'm holding the phone in the hand that the watch is on so it's not a range issue. I went to Verizon yesterday and they are sending me a new phone. I realized it does it in my car too so there has to be an issue with the bluetooth radio.

I have a Note 3 and Neo, before the last update it never disconnected unless I went out of range as well. Now it happens every other day randomly and not because of range issues.Sometimes I have to restart both the phone and watch to get them to "see" each other again. Toggling bluetooth did nothing.

I have been having this problem too in recent days. I have a Galaxy S4 on KitKat and the Gear 2. My Gear 2 disconnects randomly a few times a day, even when I am right next to my S4. Sometimes it can be hours before I realize it has disconnected and in the meantime I have missed notifications and the such. I have to manually reconnect from my S4 via Gear Manager - and when I do so, it seems like it takes a long time (more than 10 seconds) for the phone and the watch to connect. Similar to anyone else's experience?

Most of the time, when I go out of range, my watch will disconnect and then successfully reconnect when I come back in range. However, at least once or twice a day, it will fail to reconnect. I usually toggle Bluetooth on/off and it will reconnect. It's very annoying - does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,
    Terry

since last manager update this happens more but maybe on next iteration update they will have this quirk fixed

I never had disconnects with my s3 and galaxy gear neo 2. I just bought a Note 4 and the Bluetooth disconnects frequently even if the two devices are inches apart. The Samsung people are of NO help. My Note 4 logs on beautifully with other devices which leads me to believe it is a gear manager issue which needs an update.

If the phone is on the charger and I go out to my garage 40 feet from the house, I always get disconnected as I reach the door. This of course is to be expected. I sometimes get disconnected if I'm 10-20 feet from the phone and I cross my arms, and fully enclose the watch between my forearms. (And I don't have really big big arms )

I've never had any problems when I've had the phone on my person, or sitting in view. (I've got an older Note II phone).

In my experience this is a problem with the Gear Manager program. The December 1 update prevents the gear from connecting via bluetooth with the phone (at least my Note 3). Samsung needs to fix this asap. Many Gear 2s out there that are useless. You can download an earlier version of the Gear Manager from various websites and you can connect the devices, but then the program will force you to update and you have to start over because it wipes the Gear.

NEVER! and if yours does just hard reset both your smartphone and Gear and it will work just fine, many of the problems I have found have been with smartphone apps interfering with the notifications and Bluetooth toggles that made issues with the Gear smartwatch... but in every case when doing a hard rest of both devices all issues and problems went away...

Hard reset to both devices and all problems will go away...

I've had mine for just a couple of weeks, so FWIW, mine only disconnects when it's out of bluetooth range. I live in a 2-story and am able to stay connected upstairs while my phone is downstairs. I wish my HiFi's Motorola audio bluetooth receiver would have the same kind of range!

I have a Gear 2 connected to a Note 4 Edge, but only for a few days. When I'm in my car (2014 KIA Optima) it is constantly disconnecting and connecting, even after I unpaired my phone from the car! It really disappoints me because I like to listen to the music in my phone while I drive. However, when I'm not in the car the Gear 2 seldom disconnects from the phone. I've been reading different postings and it seems like Samsung tech support is of no help. It is very disapointing....

mine disconnects and reconnects all the time, and my phone, s4, is right in my pocket! Drove me so crazy I stopped wearing it.

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Mine disconnects when I walk away as well... But this strange disconnect happens when I turn off or reboot my phone.

In all seriousness, mine does really good on staying connected. You may want to try and reset your Gear? See if that helps.
    dabombcra likes this.

Same. Note 5 and gear s. Random disconnects while phone in my pocket after last manager update.

Has anyone found a solution? My Gear 2/Note 5 disconnects constantly after the last update. I used to get ~30 ft range now I can't put my phone in my pocket. Is it the phone or the watch?