Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thegame161
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ordered my gear 2

Arrives on Tuesday, looking forward to seeing how It compares to the gear 1 that I have

Default Re: Ordered my gear 2

u order the gear 2neo or the plain gear 2 and if so where did u order it from
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek53180 View Post
    u order the gear 2neo or the plain gear 2 and if so where did u order it from
    Just the plain gear 2

Here in UK so ordered from unlocked mobile.Co.Uk

where did u order it from and why di u go with the gear 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek53180 View Post
    where did u order it from and why di u go with the gear 2
    Like the new look of the 2 and the fitness features was a big plus to me and what I will be using it for. Having a home button is better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Like the new look of the 2 and the fitness features was a big plus to me and what I will be using it for. Having a home button is better to me.
    Yes, I had(still have) the OG Gear and went with the Gear 2 Neo for the same features, particularly the heart beat. Having to put your finger over the camera lens in the OG Gear was not acceptable to me. Now when I track my elliptical workouts and use the exercise app, I quickly get my base heart rate and the maximum and average during the workout. I had contemplated buying a Basis B1 watch for the heart beat and detailed sleep, but then I would lose my other features and the Gear 2 Neo is the same price and no loss of features, just the sleep app is subpar, but will track sleep manually (although it doesn't give you any idea what type of sleep or lack there of you truly had). Just my opinion...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for that, yeah thought about the neo as it is cheaper. The fit was an option but I didn't really love the way it is on the wrist. So thought gear 2 with all the fitness features was the way to go.

The sleep mode sounds nice in theory but I'm not sure I would want it on my wrist at night sleeping
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well it has arrived and liking it so far. Do like the home button option for sure.
    Tarek53180 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So far heart rate has been accurate for me. Love having the home button option. Will try out the cycling soon along with walking. Will give sleep mode a go tonight. Doubt I use this but will give it a go.