Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dimakan
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By acid16v
  • 1 Post By acid16v
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default samsung gear manager error

    I have a galaxy s5 and gear 2 neo... gear manager version 2.1.14052101 when i press on Notifications in the gear manager on the phone i get a error Unfortunately,Gear Manager has stopped i have done a reset gear on the watch and deleted the manager on the phone and re-installed several times cannot get it to work any ideas?
  2. #2  
    dimakan's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    The whole experience with this Gear Manager is very frustrating. I think Samsung has a huge boondoggle on their hands. The hardware seems to be very good, but software plain sucks. Gear Manager and its relationship with watch, phone and Samsung Apps is inconsistent, very buggy and very confusing. Took me a month to figure out that, for example, in order to uninstall some apps from watch (especially those that fail to install on the first try) you have to go into Android stock app manager on your phone and uninstall from there. My Gear Manager sometimes shows available updates for apps, sometimes doesn't. If I close it off while inside one of the categories ("Clock", "Utilities", "Lifestyle", etc it does not reopen. Just hangs there. I have to go back to list of categories for it to start working again. Two months after release number of apps is still ridiculously small - well under a hundred.
    Updates to apps fail to install - "connection with device is lost". But Gear Manager shows Gear 2 connected and communicating. Notifications stop and start working randomly.
    At this point I just hope that either Samsung updates Gear 2 to Google Wear OS or I can get at least couple hundred bucks for it on eBay and buy one of Google Wear watches coming later this summer.
    LowIQ likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    well i did get the gear manager to work after many attempts to take the watch back to factory and many re-installs of the gear manager on the phone i finally reluctantly did a factory reset on the phone than installed gear manager paired it up and Bam everything works like it was suppose to... than installed my apps than i had a couple of apk's that i wanted to try out before buying installed them and the problem was back figured out that one of them was causing the problem un-installed the apk's and than everything worked again... now bought the apps that i wanted to try and all is good finally lol
  4. #4  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Does s health sync for you?

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Look in the earlier threads in this forum. Someone figured out that you cannot have too many apps installed on the phone, because then you will get an error on the notifications list (if the list of apps is too long). Not sure how many apps you could have, maybe 150 or something like that.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    I have a new galaxy s5 sport and I am trying to install gear using the gear manager. The gear manager thinks the "watch" is connected but the device is still telling me to select the correct device from the list. If I touch the icon for the "connected" gear on the phone the app just closes. I have uninstalled the app, but when I reinstall it already shows the device as paired! Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jennifer Leggiero; 06-17-2014 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo
  7. #7  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    What happens with me (in Gear Manager) is, when I choose "My Apps", it opens and then immediately closes. It does this with a few others as well. Very frustrating!
    What can I do to fix this?

    Thank you
  8. #8  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Quote Originally Posted by acid16v View Post
    What happens with me (in Gear Manager) is, when I choose "My Apps", it opens and then immediately closes. It does this with a few others as well. Very frustrating!
    What can I do to fix this?

    Thank you
    Try clearing cache and data for Gear Manager, using the Application Manager on your phone.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Try clearing cache and data for Gear Manager, using the Application Manager on your phone.
    Thanks 1812dave, just tried that and it still does the same thing. Any other suggestions?
    Thank you
  10. #10  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Quote Originally Posted by acid16v View Post
    Thanks 1812dave, just tried that and it still does the same thing. Any other suggestions?
    Thank you
    Have you tried to uninstall GM and reinstall? I can't remember if anyone has said that if you do that, the watch resets to factory or not but if there are no other options, I guess you may have to do it. Mind you I haven't had this issue so am NOT speaking from any knowledge--just throwing it out there as a possible thing to try.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Have you tried to uninstall GM and reinstall? I can't remember if anyone has said that if you do that, the watch resets to factory or not but if there are no other options, I guess you may have to do it. Mind you I haven't had this issue so am NOT speaking from any knowledge--just throwing it out there as a possible thing to try.
    Tried that as well. Even unpaired the watch, and still nothing. I am starting to believe that it has something to do with GM app.
    Actually it has gotten worse because what happens now is that I can still pair my S4 with the watch but when I choose the Gear 2 on the GM app the screen flickers once and does nothing. Sorry, I hope I didn't confuse you. Juts kind of hard to explain in words. I plan on going to maybe BestBuy or even calling Samsung support to see f they can help. Do you know if Samsung support can assist with their apps?

    Thanks again for your help 1812dave
  12. #12  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Quote Originally Posted by acid16v View Post
    Tried that as well. Even unpaired the watch, and still nothing. I am starting to believe that it has something to do with GM app.
    Actually it has gotten worse because what happens now is that I can still pair my S4 with the watch but when I choose the Gear 2 on the GM app the screen flickers once and does nothing. Sorry, I hope I didn't confuse you. Juts kind of hard to explain in words. I plan on going to maybe BestBuy or even calling Samsung support to see f they can help. Do you know if Samsung support can assist with their apps?

    Thanks again for your help 1812dave
    Yes. As long as you get connected to one of their better techs, you should be able to make some headway with the issue. 800-726-7864
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    acid16v likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Thank you very much 1812dave
    1812dave likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Ok, so I called that Samsung line and they helped. I had to reset my S4 and start over. They said I most likely had a corrupt file. Anyways, my Gear 2 works perfect again. Yippee, I'm soo happy!!! LOL
    1812dave likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: samsung gear manager error

    Glad they got it going for you!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung galaxy s3 battery drain fast!
    By ksmoove2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2014, 07:32 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S5 - incoming calls only shown as "Unknown" HELP!
    By Joseanne16 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
  3. Samsung.com Coupon
    By PittDucky in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  4. my Samsung galaxy s5 will not allow me to download the Lyft app
    By Heather Cameron1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  5. Samsung tab 3 and Printer Help needed
    By Rebecca Craig in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions