An app that makes a whip sound, but yet no Starbucks, etc...

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Can we ever expect any mainstream apps like Evernote, Starbucks, Circa, Paypal, and so on?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can we ever expect any mainstream apps like Evernote, Starbucks, Circa, Paypal, and so on?

Keep in mind that the wearables sector is very young. I would expect companies to start investing in that sector within the coming months, especially once the first Android Wear devices start hitting the market.

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that the wearables sector is very young. I would expect companies to start investing in that sector within the coming months, especially once the first Android Wear devices start hitting the market.

I think the frustration comes when we heard from the beginning that certain apps like Evernote and PayPal would be available right away for the gear 2. I've been much happier with my g2 neo since MMR was released, but I am still disappointed that there is no Evernote or iHeartRadio yet... As featured and promised at launch...

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

The wearables sector is not that young. The Sony Smart watch has been around for a while and there are tons of apps available for it on Google Play. The Galaxy Gear is almost a year on the market and the Samsung app store for it has barely budged. Still not even a simple calculator for it and it is still running Android.

In my opinion, this is Samsung rushing into the market (TWICE!!!) without giving it much thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37