Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 Neo S Voice Help

Today I purchased a Gear 2 Neo and have it paired to my Galax S5 and the combination of the two is awesome but found something I don't like. I cannot use the S Voice option on my Neo unless the S5 is in wifi. In wifi it works awesome, out of wifi neo tells me to check my network connection. My S5 works fine no matter the network, I can activate S Voice no problems. I was chatting with Samsung Tech Support and they informed me the Neo S Voice will only work in wifi?? What good is it to have voice command if I can't use it driving etc. Someone tell me the tech person was wrong. Reguardless I love the device but it's a pain if I cannot use voice commands out of wifi.

Default Re: Gear 2 Neo S Voice Help

I have the same setup. I turned off my wifi and tried s voice commands on the watch and it seems to work fine. Maybe a glitch or factory reset required? Latest firmware is installed?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    I have the same setup. I turned off my wifi and tried s voice commands on the watch and it seems to work fine. Maybe a glitch or factory reset required? Latest firmware is installed?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for info, I'll try to do reset and see if that helps. I didn't think what they told me really made sense.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just an update if anyone else has had this issue check your background data setting under power savings tab. I turned off this feature and s voice works great.

I don't see anything about background data settings under the power savings tab.

Does anyone know where the power savings tab is located

If you have an S5, go to Settings. The last item in "Quick Settings" is "Power Saving". If you tap on that, you get to the option menu.

Ill look now. Thank you for all your help lizard

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1434 View Post
    Today I purchased a Gear 2 Neo and have it paired to my Galax S5 and the combination of the two is awesome but found something I don't like. I cannot use the S Voice option on my Neo unless the S5 is in wifi. In wifi it works awesome, out of wifi neo tells me to check my network connection. My S5 works fine no matter the network, I can activate S Voice no problems. I was chatting with Samsung Tech Support and they informed me the Neo S Voice will only work in wifi?? What good is it to have voice command if I can't use it driving etc. Someone tell me the tech person was wrong. Reguardless I love the device but it's a pain if I cannot use voice commands out of wifi.