Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 battery problem

My Gear 2 when bluetooth is on works only 1 day (12 h). (Samsung website is 3 day). How long yours works? What is wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gear 2 battery problem

Lots of info here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ry-life-2.html

Maybe the apps you're running? Maybe the watch face?

Yeah battery is 3 days if u leave laying around not in use. I have to charge mine every day cuz I use the sleep mode and pedometer. No big deal. I could squeeze 2 days but usually I am at work and I need it to stay charged til I get home.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gega1234 View Post
    My Gear 2 when bluetooth is on works only 1 day (12 h). (Samsung website is 3 day). How long yours works? What is wrong?

I find that the analog display depletes the battery faster than the digital. When I used the digital mode, I got close to 2 days. But with the analog (traditional watch) style, I get close to a day.

mine was getting 3-days until I loaded an app that got me ONE DAY! and once I removed it and reset my Neo then all was back to normal, if you leave everything stock then it will likely last 4 days... but I have Pushbullet notifications and Neo notifications so watch is a busy little Bee all day and only at night I have it squelched of notifications and it still gets me 3 days sometimes two when I use the Gear2Cam app for pictures as that eats the battery predictably so...

Mine was holding 2 days, but after a month of use it shorted to 12 hours..
    tried restarting and uninstall\ reinstall firmware and gear manager but no use..
    the support chat said that i need to send it to their labs. unfortunately i don't live in the US so the support is no use for me

^ did it happen after you upgrade GM? Mine did and now Im beinf told to retuen the unit for a replacement.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Mine started before the upgrade. I hoped that the upgrade will resolve this problem but unfortunately it didn't... I was also told to ship it back for repair... Looks like this is a standard solution for the support team

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Maybe there is a difference between Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo battery life. I have my Neo on me all day - receiving lots of text email/notifications, plus a few other apps and one average it looses about 20-25% between 8am and midnight .. when I take it off to re-charge overnight. So I think that's pretty good.

Fixed the battery problem by deleting and reinstalling google account. Apparently there is a conflict with the gmail phone book causing the contact sync to take forever thus draining the battery.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk