Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sleep mode. how it works?

I wonder if it really works? And how it works at night? Gear 2

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: sleep mode. how it works?

You wear the watch to bed. Before you doze off, you need to start the sleep mode. When you wake up, you press the stop button in sleep mode. There is an option to "block' incoming alerts, so as not to disturb you. After running through a sleep cycle you are able to view how long you were active (arm moved) and how long you were inactive (arm didn't move). Not a totally reliable indicator of the quality of your sleep.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks but I now functions

Posted via Android Central App

I guess I don't really understand your question, then. Are you asking if it is a gimmick? Somewhat. Are you asking about the usability of the data it shows? As I stated, not a true indicator of quality of sleep.
    And how it works at night?
    Literally, how does it work? By tracking movements. Or do you mean does it work different at night vs during the day? Works the same no matter what time of day or night as long as you're sleeping.

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    You wear the watch to bed. Before you doze off, you need to start the sleep mode. When you wake up, you press the stop button in sleep mode. There is an option to "block' incoming alerts, so as not to disturb you. After running through a sleep cycle you are able to view how long you were active (arm moved) and how long you were inactive (arm didn't move). Not a totally reliable indicator of the quality of your sleep.
    I haven't tried the app yet, but I just looked at it and I don't have an optional blocking mode. When I start it, there is a message that blocking mode is enabled, but no option to turn it off. Is that what you see or could we have different versions? My Gear 2 is on NE5 and Gear Manager is 2.1.14052101.

My Neo is on ND8, Same as you for GM.
    I get no alert when I open the app. When you hit the settings in the top right corner, what do you see? Only History and Help?

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM

My Neo is on ND8, Same as you for GM.
    I get no alert when I open the app. When you hit the settings in the top right corner, what do you see? Only History and Help?
    Correct, I only see History and Help.

I HATE to suggest factory reset for Gear and/or phone, but it seems like a reset has cleared up a wide variety of problems in these forums... Would it be that bad to just have the alerts blocked? Or are you like me, and refuse to settle for not having an option to change it - even if you won't exercise that option?

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM

I HATE to suggest factory reset for Gear and/or phone, but it seems like a reset has cleared up a wide variety of problems in these forums... Would it be that bad to just have the alerts blocked? Or are you like me, and refuse to settle for not having an option to change it - even if you won't exercise that option?
    I didn't look at the Sleep app when I was on ND8, but I did reset the Gear 2 prior to installing NE5 a couple days ago. I'm okay with it defaulting to blocking mode. I'm retired and don't want to be woken up for any notifications, least of all from my watch. Just sleeping with a watch on might be more than I want to put up with.