Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEW Serious problem with Samsung Gear 2 Neo battery life

Need help. Something is wrong with the battery life. Starting two days ago, my neo is wasting full charge to 0 in 6 hours!!
    Before that it was day and a half..
    I tried restart and even factory restore but nothing seems to work..

Ver. XXU0BND8

Help please!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: NEW Serious problem with Samsung Gear 2 Neo battery life

Did you also restart the connected phone?

Posted via Android Central App

WoW! mine last 3 1/2 to 4 days and I have a ton of apps associated with it on notifications popping constantly!... something is terribly wrong! did you put a different app on phone that attributed to this battery drain?... anything new or different on phone or watch?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Restarted the note several time..
    As for new apps, Not that I remember... I switched my mail app from the Samsung build in to 'Nine' but the battery on the note is fine as it was before.. I even tried to switch off notifications on the gear but the battery kept wasting down....

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

FWIW, I had much the same issue on my first Gear 2 (non-Neo) after about two weeks of use. Battery on the Gear would be dead by noon, when the norm before would have been around 70-80%. Tried restarting & resetting Gear & Phone (GS3) to no avail. I sent it back to Samsung, and they sent me a new one. Took about three weeks, all told, though. The upside was that while I returned only the watch, they sent me a whole new box, which means I got an extra charger out of the deal. ( I went through email support first, who told me to then call phone support. At one point, the phone support person tried to tell me the watch battery was only supposed to last 6-8 hours.) Good luck!

Keith
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks keith :-( problem is i bought the watch in US but i now out of the state for al while.. Hope that international support is available...

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've noticed that the 'gear manager' was updated 3 days ago. Are you guys on ##52101? Still hope it's just a software issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Kishony View Post
    I've noticed that the 'gear manager' was updated 3 days ago. Are you guys on ##52101? Still hope it's just a software issue...

I just received a brand new Gear 2 Neo and it updated out of the box to 2.1.1402101. BAttery drains quickly with either Bluetooth or Wake-up gesture switched on. I'm using mine with Galaxy S3. Those who had the old Gear Manager seem to report much better battery life so I too suspect the update.

Quote Originally Posted by LowIQ View Post
    WoW! mine last 3 1/2 to 4 days and I have a ton of apps associated with it on notifications popping constantly!... something is terribly wrong! did you put a different app on phone that attributed to this battery drain?... anything new or different on phone or watch?
    What version of Gear Manager are you using? Has it updated recently?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Mine is 2.1.14052101 updated on the 13th. (always hated the Friday's on the 13th..) For those of you who have the older version I suggest stay with it until you'll know better

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kishony View Post
    Mine is 2.1.14052101 updated on the 13th. (always hated the Friday's on the 13th..) For those of you who have the older version I suggest stay with it until you'll know better

That version has been out for a few weeks, so it's not new and was released well before Friday the 13th.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    That version has been out for a few weeks, so it's not new and was released well before Friday the 13th.
    Strange.. It says that on my Samsung apps.. See pic attached

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEW Serious problem with Samsung Gear 2 Neo battery life-1402864356401.jpg  
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Can someone please send me a link to the previous 'gear manager' version APK file?

Head over to xda developers. Com-they have all u will need

I have been having the same issue starting around the same time. I really don't want to have to send this thing back from where I live.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Bret what cell phone are you pairing to? Did you upgraded the gear manager version yesterday? I'm trying to decide if that fixed it

Try looking at your apps set to sync like emails or any app that updates or pulls data. Chances are what ever is using the most battery on your phone is relaying to the watch.
    Also here is a tip not many people know. The neo and gear two have a app manager. Hold your two fingers on the screen a few seconds at the home screen. Close all your apps that show up.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMmarked1 View Post
    Try looking at your apps set to sync like emails or any app that updates or pulls data. Chances are what ever is using the most battery on your phone is relaying to the watch.
    Also here is a tip not many people know. The neo and gear two have a app manager. Hold your two fingers on the screen a few seconds at the home screen. Close all your apps that show up.

Thanks a lot. I am one who didn't know that. I usually just restart to clear opened apps, and this is a lot easier.

Edit: I got the two finger tap for volume/brightness, and now the two finger hold. Are there any other shortcuts to access settings on the device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes in the app manager I would go to settings and I believe you can assign the home button (when double pressed to access settings) I have mine set to access the heart rate monitor.

Update - after charging overnight battery started lasting for days. My theory is that in an attempt not to overcharge it I was in fact under charging even though it said 100%!!! I'm now only using 20% per day 😊

I am scared to download the FREE watch Styler app to make my watch clock personalized because I just did that and it wore my battery down. Now I can't be certain that it was that app but I wanted to ask you if there are any apps that I can download that are SAFE that I can put a pic on with a clock?
    And any other apps. that you recommend please.
    I am a PE teacher and a single mom of twins and I wanted to make my watch super CUTE. and super cool.
    Jill

Can you help me. I download the watch styler free app to put a pic of my kids on it and the battery lasted 6 hours only and I didn't even use the watch apps. Thoughts? I returned it and got another watch but too scared to download anything as I fear the loss of battery life. Can you suggest apps to down load where I can put a pic on the front with a clock? and any other apps? I was told it wasn't resistant to water from samsung tech. Is that true. WTH.

Quote Originally Posted by justjill9 View Post
    Can you help me. I download the watch styler free app to put a pic of my kids on it and the battery lasted 6 hours only and I didn't even use the watch apps. Thoughts? I returned it and got another watch but too scared to download anything as I fear the loss of battery life. Can you suggest apps to down load where I can put a pic on the front with a clock? and any other apps? I was told it wasn't resistant to water from samsung tech. Is that true. WTH.
    You can use a pic from the gallery as a background for any of the stock watch faces. On your phone, Gear Manager>Home screen styler>Wallpapers>More images (Crop image, then done). Then just choose the built-in watch face that you prefer.

The Gear 2 is rated IP67. I wear mine washing hands/dishes, but wouldn't swim/shower with it. Here's a definition of IP67 - IP67 Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from immersion between 15 centimeters and 1 meter in depth. (Usually the time quoted for the water immersion is 30 minutes)

I sometimes have the same battery problem. I think it has to do with watchfaces; many of the downloaded ones seem to drain the battery. Also if I put the phone in airplane mode (as in a movie) and leave bluetooth on on the watch it seems to drain the battery