Phone Gallery App

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thrilled to see the "Phone Gallery" app! Quick and easy way to view photos from your device right on your Gear 2. Even categorized into the same folders you use on your device.

I don't see support for Dropbox at present, but I always keep photos I want to quickly share with a friend in the stock gallery app as well... so that is no biggee to me at all.

Not sure why Samsung didn't include this feature initially, but I'm very grateful to the developer!

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Phone Gallery app for Gear 2 and Gear Neo:

Low resolution is one thing...but these are the four things killing this app that has lots of "potential" but currently falls flat:

1) Photos are stretched to fit the gear screen instead of scaled so they always look distorted.
2) Albums are loaded from OLDEST photos first with no way to change to newest photos first.
3) Low resolution photos...although I'd probably choose low resolution over slow loading so really the main issues are 1 and 2 for me.
4) No way to pinch to zoom. This would be nice. Doesn't kill the app like #1 and #2 do, but still, would be nice.

Close...but much improvement needed.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
you can turn them in the right direction for the proper resolution.. the only gripe i have is that it's slow if you have lots of pics, I have a 64gb card with lots!!!, when I unloaded about 5,000 of them now Gallery seems to work better.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
you can turn them in the right direction for the proper resolution.. the only gripe i have is that it's slow if you have lots of pics, I have a 64gb card with lots!!!, when I unloaded about 5,000 of them now Gallery seems to work better.

First, they should appear in the correct orientation, but they don't in this app and secondly, turning them in the right direction has so effect on their distortion...they are still stretched to fit the Gear's screen instead of scaled to fit so they are all distorted. :( Well, it's a new app, so hopefully they'll be able to fix this (and the fact that the OLDEST photos show up first) in a future update because it is nice to have access to the gallery finally.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
not on mine? If I have low resolution pics then no problem, but if they are high res pics then it seems to struggle, it should have an automatic converter of any resolution picture and a way of resolving orientation, but given we take pictures in portrait or landscape would take some code to resolve.