Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JacksonEdwardHarrison
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Gear 2 (SM-R380) gets updated with Blocking Mode, improved S Health

Default Re: Samsung Gear 2 (SM-R380) gets updated with Blocking Mode, improved S Health

Yeah I don't have it available yet either.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Gear 2 (SM-R380) gets updated with Blocking Mode, improved S Health

Its NE5 that many folks have installed alreads and rooted. Not that new, they just expanded to more countries. I have been running the original Spain release of NE5 on mine since release.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Here's the message I just got when checking for updates:

Samsung Gear 2 (SM-R380) gets updated with Blocking Mode, improved S Health-2014-06-18-01.45.47.png
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Randomly picked up my Note 3 and the software had already been downloaded on my device with me having done nothing. One click and it installed on my Gear 2 and the watch rebooted.

Gear 2 software now shows as R380XXU0BNE5 (new) and Gear Manager still shows 2.1.14052101. I'm confused why Sammobile reports "the update bumps the software version up from 2.2.1.1 to 2.2.1.2."

I have no doubt one of you is smarter than me here.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    Randomly picked up my Note 3 and the software had already been downloaded on my device with me having done nothing. One click and it installed on my Gear 2 and the watch rebooted.

Gear 2 software now shows as R380XXU0BNE5 (new) and Gear Manager still shows 2.1.14052101. I'm confused why Sammobile reports "the update bumps the software version up from 2.2.1.1 to 2.2.1.2."

I have no doubt one of you is smarter than me here.
    I've been checking for Gear Manager updates in Samsung Apps, but it always shows 2.1.14052101 with today's date.

You guys are mixing 2 different things. The gear manager app hasn't been updated over the last month. The gear watch (firmware) just got new version. Mine is the 381 (neo) and it also got the update just now. From xxxxd8 to xxxxxe5 and it now include the blocking options feature on the gear setting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    I've been checking for Gear Manager updates in Samsung Apps, but it always shows 2.1.14052101 with today's date.
    You are looking for the wrong update. Go to GM and select your Gear. From there you can check for software updates FOR THE WATCH.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Kishony View Post
    You guys are mixing 2 different things. The gear manager app hasn't been updated over the last month. The gear watch (firmware) just got new version. Mine is the 381 (neo) and it also got the update just now. From xxxxd8 to xxxxxe5 and it now include the blocking options feature on the gear setting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    I think the confusion comes from the Sammobile article I linked to when starting this thread. I understand the difference between the Gear software and Gear Manager. I've received the watch software, but the article states (I guess incorrectly) that we would also see a change in "software version up from 2.2.1.1 to 2.2.1.2." I assumed they meant Gear Manager would get an update as well.
    Thanked by:
    JimSmith94 likes this.