Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the Fleksy Messenger app and I have no idea how to activate it or use it on my Gear Neo...any ideas?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the Fleksy Messenger app and I have no idea how to activate it or use it on my Gear Neo...any ideas?

Thanks, I'm downloading it now but haven't tried it yet. There are some hints on how it's used in the reviews.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Right now it does not appear to be integrated into notifications as a compose or reply option under "messages." To compose or reply, you need to (leave messages if necessary and) open the Fleksy app. Works extremely well from there.

Hopefully better integration into messages is on the way. It certainly would make things faster and far more convenient... and well, just make sense.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Right now it does not appear to be integrated into notifications as a compose or reply option under "messages." To compose or reply, you need to (leave messages if necessary and) open the Fleksy app. Works extremely well from there.

Hopefully better integration into messages is on the way. It certainly would make things faster and far more convenient... and well, just make sense.

When I open the Fleksy app, it just says "Contacts" with a black screen.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
When I open the Fleksy app, it just says "Contacts" with a black screen.

There should be a quick delay and then your contact list should pop up and allow you to scroll and click.

My only guess. ..
Do you have contacts "turned on" in Gear Manager?

Gear Manager > My Apps > Contacts > Click the Gear (cog) > Contacts to Display > All

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There should be a quick delay and then your contact list should pop up and allow you to scroll and click.

My only guess. ..
Do you have contacts "turned on" in Gear Manager?

Gear Manager > My Apps > Contacts > Click the Gear (cog) > Contacts to Display > All

Sadly, yes, contacts are turned on and I see them if I go to "Contacts" app, but not this app. :(

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine was working but now it's just a black screen. Not a very useful app if you have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to reply to someone. Fleksy should be an option under the messages reply tab.

Posted via Android Central App

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Still no way for me to reply to a hangouts message from my wife while she's typing on her work Pc. It just goes to sms. Good Start though. Hopefully more integration is ahead.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So we wait all this time to finally get this app and this is what they come out with??? What a complete fail. You have to be kidding me, can only reply to sms and you have to go through all your contacts to send a message! In what world does that make sense?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Still no way for me to reply to a hangouts message from my wife while she's typing on her work Pc. It just goes to sms. Good Start though. Hopefully more integration is ahead.

My most desired function I want to see on the watch is reply to Hangouts messages. I knew it wasn't available when I bought the watch, but I remain hopeful. :)

cgolden1701

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey anyone know to to get my contacts to show up? After about 30 min i get something that said unable to contact with phone or something like that. But the Gear 2 and my S5 are connected and working. I uninstalled the app and re-installed the app. Hoping that works.
any other help would be great just in case this doesn't work.

***Update***
Still not getting it working on my phone. All I have is contacts showing up on the watch. Contacted Fleksy support and they are not able to help me get it to work.
If anyone can help please help.

Last edited:

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
At least let the keyboard apply to the contacts so you can type in a couple letters and the contact pops up quicker... Sad to say the SMS Composer app for the Sony Smart watch is leaps and bounds better

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
At least let the keyboard apply to the contacts so you can type in a couple letters and the contact pops up quicker... Sad to say the SMS Composer app for the Sony Smart watch is leaps and bounds better

Simply replying to SMS using voice, on the Gear line is leaps and bounds better, also. :) Now if they will just give us the same functionality for Hangouts replies...

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Simply replying to SMS using voice, on the Gear line is leaps and bounds better, also. :) Now if they will just give us the same functionality for Hangouts replies...

C'mon lol... S Voice is horrendous on the watch. Thats the one feature i feel os the most useless on the Gear. However, I'm not defending the Sony Smart Watch either. It is not a better watch than the Gear. But the SMS composer is better and the app selection/availability is not even a contest.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
C'mon lol... S Voice is horrendous on the watch. Thats the one feature i feel os the most useless on the Gear. However, I'm not defending the Sony Smart Watch either. It is not a better watch than the Gear. But the SMS composer is better and the app selection/availability is not even a contest.

I don't find it "horrendous". Perhaps you don't enunciate well enough for the app to accurately recognize your speech. Very few issues here.

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I think I'm seeing the same thing you are -- a black screen, with 'Contacts' at the top. It never populates with my contacts. I've tried with all contacts selected (in settings in Gear Manager) as well as with only Favorites (about 20) and gotten the same result. I've uninstall & re-installed Fleksy twice, rebooted the watch, etc. This is with the Gear 2 and a Verizon GS3. I sent an email to Fleksy support just now.

killspy6

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just leave the black screen with the word contacts on and then after 1 min my entire contacts is populated. If I don't use fleksy messenger after awhile I'll get the black screen again and wait a min. It sucks now but hoping for major updates. Wish it only brought up starred contacts.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't find it "horrendous". Perhaps you don't enunciate well enough for the app to accurately recognize your speech. Very few issues here.

My enunciation is just fine but I work outdoors in NYC so pretty much useless to me. Regardless, even in a perfect environment, it takes forever to process just a one simple, one word reply. I can text 10 replies in the time it takes to dictate one. Not to mention, if I'm texting, that means I wish to keep my conversation private, otherwise, I'd be dialing the other end instead. To me a proper keyboard is way more important than speech to text

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze