Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Just downloaded the Fleksy Messenger app and I have no idea how to activate it or use it on my Gear Neo...any ideas?
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    JimSmith94's Avatar

    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    Just downloaded the Fleksy Messenger app and I have no idea how to activate it or use it on my Gear Neo...any ideas?
    Thanks, I'm downloading it now but haven't tried it yet. There are some hints on how it's used in the reviews.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    Just downloaded the Fleksy Messenger app and I have no idea how to activate it or use it on my Gear Neo...any ideas?
    Right now it does not appear to be integrated into notifications as a compose or reply option under "messages." To compose or reply, you need to (leave messages if necessary and) open the Fleksy app. Works extremely well from there.

    Hopefully better integration into messages is on the way. It certainly would make things faster and far more convenient... and well, just make sense.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    Right now it does not appear to be integrated into notifications as a compose or reply option under "messages." To compose or reply, you need to (leave messages if necessary and) open the Fleksy app. Works extremely well from there.

    Hopefully better integration into messages is on the way. It certainly would make things faster and far more convenient... and well, just make sense.
    When I open the Fleksy app, it just says "Contacts" with a black screen.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    When I open the Fleksy app, it just says "Contacts" with a black screen.
    There should be a quick delay and then your contact list should pop up and allow you to scroll and click.

    My only guess. ..
    Do you have contacts "turned on" in Gear Manager?

    Gear Manager > My Apps > Contacts > Click the Gear (cog) > Contacts to Display > All
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    There should be a quick delay and then your contact list should pop up and allow you to scroll and click.

    My only guess. ..
    Do you have contacts "turned on" in Gear Manager?

    Gear Manager > My Apps > Contacts > Click the Gear (cog) > Contacts to Display > All
    Sadly, yes, contacts are turned on and I see them if I go to "Contacts" app, but not this app.
  7. #7  
    dusty78's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Mine was working but now it's just a black screen. Not a very useful app if you have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to reply to someone. Fleksy should be an option under the messages reply tab.

    Posted via Android Central App
    1812dave likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Poor implementation. Have to find contact in list in order to reply.

    Note 2 & Gear 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  9. #9  
    dusty78's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    I guess if you get a message from someone not in your contact list you can't reply

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    dhawk1202's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Still no way for me to reply to a hangouts message from my wife while she's typing on her work Pc. It just goes to sms. Good Start though. Hopefully more integration is ahead.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hufza likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    So we wait all this time to finally get this app and this is what they come out with??? What a complete fail. You have to be kidding me, can only reply to sms and you have to go through all your contacts to send a message! In what world does that make sense?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by dhawk1202 View Post
    Still no way for me to reply to a hangouts message from my wife while she's typing on her work Pc. It just goes to sms. Good Start though. Hopefully more integration is ahead.

    Posted via Android Central App
    My most desired function I want to see on the watch is reply to Hangouts messages. I knew it wasn't available when I bought the watch, but I remain hopeful.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    Thanked by:
    Hufza likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Hey anyone know to to get my contacts to show up? After about 30 min i get something that said unable to contact with phone or something like that. But the Gear 2 and my S5 are connected and working. I uninstalled the app and re-installed the app. Hoping that works.
    any other help would be great just in case this doesn't work.

    ***Update***
    Still not getting it working on my phone. All I have is contacts showing up on the watch. Contacted Fleksy support and they are not able to help me get it to work.
    If anyone can help please help.
    Last edited by cgolden1701; 06-18-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Update
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    At least let the keyboard apply to the contacts so you can type in a couple letters and the contact pops up quicker... Sad to say the SMS Composer app for the Sony Smart watch is leaps and bounds better

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    At least let the keyboard apply to the contacts so you can type in a couple letters and the contact pops up quicker... Sad to say the SMS Composer app for the Sony Smart watch is leaps and bounds better

    Posted via Android Central App
    Simply replying to SMS using voice, on the Gear line is leaps and bounds better, also. Now if they will just give us the same functionality for Hangouts replies...
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Simply replying to SMS using voice, on the Gear line is leaps and bounds better, also. Now if they will just give us the same functionality for Hangouts replies...
    C'mon lol... S Voice is horrendous on the watch. Thats the one feature i feel os the most useless on the Gear. However, I'm not defending the Sony Smart Watch either. It is not a better watch than the Gear. But the SMS composer is better and the app selection/availability is not even a contest.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    C'mon lol... S Voice is horrendous on the watch. Thats the one feature i feel os the most useless on the Gear. However, I'm not defending the Sony Smart Watch either. It is not a better watch than the Gear. But the SMS composer is better and the app selection/availability is not even a contest.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I don't find it "horrendous". Perhaps you don't enunciate well enough for the app to accurately recognize your speech. Very few issues here.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
  18. #18  
    mklabove's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    FWIW, I think I'm seeing the same thing you are -- a black screen, with 'Contacts' at the top. It never populates with my contacts. I've tried with all contacts selected (in settings in Gear Manager) as well as with only Favorites (about 20) and gotten the same result. I've uninstall & re-installed Fleksy twice, rebooted the watch, etc. This is with the Gear 2 and a Verizon GS3. I sent an email to Fleksy support just now.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    I just leave the black screen with the word contacts on and then after 1 min my entire contacts is populated. If I don't use fleksy messenger after awhile I'll get the black screen again and wait a min. It sucks now but hoping for major updates. Wish it only brought up starred contacts.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I don't find it "horrendous". Perhaps you don't enunciate well enough for the app to accurately recognize your speech. Very few issues here.
    My enunciation is just fine but I work outdoors in NYC so pretty much useless to me. Regardless, even in a perfect environment, it takes forever to process just a one simple, one word reply. I can text 10 replies in the time it takes to dictate one. Not to mention, if I'm texting, that means I wish to keep my conversation private, otherwise, I'd be dialing the other end instead. To me a proper keyboard is way more important than speech to text

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Good thought checking to see if swapping to "favorites" made a difference.

    Even though it didn't, I still am curious if the problem is linked to the total number of contacts on a device. If somehow devices are freezing when trying to pull up long lists of names and numbers? I'm forever deleting non-vital contacts so I only have about 100 at present. My Gear pauses for about 2 seconds and then the full list populates.

    I'd be interested to know if anyone with substantially more contacts than I is having just as easy a time with the app?

    Another shot in the dark...what version of Android is everyone running? Device? Carrier? Working fine with my VZW Note 3 on KitKat.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    I put an A next to my favorite contacts that I message to and they are now at the top of my list .

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    Is there any way to do numerical replies

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    The app is pretty much useless for me now:
    1. Can text only to contacts, no free number entering.
    2. I have ~2000 contacts and the app doesn't provide any means of searching/setting favourites.
    3. The app doesn't support non-English input (and doesn't even show non-ASCII characters in previous messages).
  25. #25  
    mklabove's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

    I wonder, along with Harrison, if number of contacts has an impact on the contacts never showing up in Fleksy (what I'm still seeing). I have about 1100, but mpogr has double that and they seem to be transferring.

    I received a response from Fleksy, which said:
    "We believe that this is because Fleksy tries to fetch your Contact list which is a big file. Try to set the devices really close to each other and try to load it multiple times and tell us if it helps. Also, disable any other Bluetooth devices nearby."

    So with only the watch connected by bluetooth, and with the two sitting right next to each other, I kept the watch awake for nearly 10 minutes, and nothing transferred. I am wondering if I have a stubborn/defective contact or something. That said, if it's going to take a minute or two to access contacts each time you want to text, I seriously doubt it's usefulness for me.

    Keith
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. why does "cb" in text only have 4 numbers?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:14 AM
  2. facebook messenger
    By Ashlie Inselman in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 01:44 AM
  3. Newly Purchased Samsung Galaxy S4
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM
  4. No keypad tones during call - i9300 Samsung Galaxy S3
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 12:24 PM
  5. Whatsapp Contacts in HTC ONE m8 Phonebook
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions