Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By U4icLab
  • 2 Post By clitrenta
  • 1 Post By SAMmarked1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can Anyone Find This?

I was reading thru the PDF manual for the Gear 2 Neo and I absolutely can NOT find this. Any help?

Can Anyone Find This?-help.jpg

Default Re: Can Anyone Find This?

not on my gear 2...

The setting is available within my Gear Manager settings, under safety assistance. Ver 2.1.14052101

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    The setting is available within my Gear Manager settings, under safety assistance. Ver 2.1.14052101

No idea what you are talking about. I'm on 101 also and don't see "safety assistance". Is this a Neo only thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    No idea what you are talking about. I'm on 101 also and don't see "safety assistance". Is this a Neo only thing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made it an S5/Neo thing. It's incredibly idiotic to have so many inconsistencies between the software and hardware. It seems like for every paired device and region, there's a different collection of apps and varied settings. Nothing seems to be consistent. It's probably the same logic behind the lack of ability to respond to hangouts messages or any other default.

1812dave likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post

What phone are you using?

I have an AT&T Galaxy S5, paired with a Gear 2 Neo. Northern California.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Near as I can tell from talking to them and emailing them, this feature only appears to be between the S5 and the Gear 2 Neo. WHY this isn't made clear in the Neo's manual is beyond me. Neither do I understand Samsung technical support being totally unable to tell me (on the phone) whether this is an S5/Neo function only. As is typical, the guy I talked to wasn't even aware of the feature. My faith in Samsung is in tact. They know absolutely nothing about what they're doing.
    1812dave and U4icLab like this.

mine does it when I press the power button three times, and I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note II with T-Mobile Gear 2 Neo, and if I press it two times it lights up all white...then turns off...and I have to reboot it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by LowIQ View Post
    mine does it when I press the power button three times, and I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note II with T-Mobile Gear 2 Neo, and if I press it two times it lights up all white...then turns off...and I have to reboot it.
    Might be something to do with the carrier as well but clearly they don't know either. Inexcusable that they don't even know.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Once again I tried to get Samsung to give me a an answer to this. After being handed off to this person and that person a couple of times, they finally ended up just hanging up on me. EXTREMELY irritating. NO ONE could tell me what the problem is and why my Gear Manager does not have this option. Neither could they tell me with any certainty that it should be an option even though it CLEARLY states in the manual it should be. Hell, if they don't know, then who would?? They emailed me with the exact same instructions I had just gone through on the phone with them and which did NOT work. They just keep insisting that if it is in the manual then it should work. Well DUH! I am so fed up with these people. Last time I called with an issue, they wanted me to do a factory reset or send it in. I refused to do it and went to Best Buy where the Samsung rep there fixed me up in less than 30 seconds. Are you freakin kidding me? This is so frustrating it makes me want to scream. Oh and by the way, despite the fact that I have clearly checked the box for auto updates in the Gear Manager software, it does NOT do it because when I manually checked it, lo and behold, there was another one. It still didn't fix my problem though.

it won't auto-update not for a few iterations as I read somewhere the code is not yet made for that, I think it's what they eventually want, but you can tell the Tizen Samsung Mobile App manager store is "Clunky!".... very primitive as even when I view the store as a Web Page it's like an old blocky type limited secure web site.... it's in no way equal to Google Play app store not even near it!

I totally agree with the frustration. I know this is a "new" phase of technology, with the wearables and such, and I think we've all been pretty patient, but damn! Is this the best they could come up with in their software? I think my microwave is less clunky and primitive. The deeper I get into this watch, etc, the more it feels like its os was designed by a 12 year old living in a box on a remote island.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Well I still love the watch actually. I just can't stand the TERRIBLE tech support by Samsung. Their techs clearly don't understand their own products. Just clueless. Still, I wish I could figure out why this feature is "there" for some people and not for others. Odd

If you think their support is bad on a watch you should get a Samsung clothes washer and call tech support if you have a problem. Talk about frustration

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Crazy. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I remember any companies that have impressed me with their tech support unless it wasn't free. I can also tell you that as bad as Samsung is, DirecTV is right up there with them if not worse. More often than not, I end up fixing my own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    Crazy. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I remember any companies that have impressed me with their tech support unless it wasn't free. I can also tell you that as bad as Samsung is, DirecTV is right up there with them if not worse. More often than not, I end up fixing my own problems.
    That reminds me of how inept HP tech support has been over the years. They hire tons of on-techies in Asia to field tech support calls and not only can they barely speak understandable English, they just read scripts. Invariably, I'd eventually discover solutions to problems by researching on my own. So glad I have no more HP PC's.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    That reminds me of how inept HP tech support has been over the years. They hire tons of on-techies in Asia to field tech support calls and not only can they barely speak understandable English, they just read scripts. Invariably, I'd eventually discover solutions to problems by researching on my own. So glad I have no more HP PC's.
    And what's more irritating than having a conversation with one of them and they're clearly reading from the script which has nothing to do with what you're telling them. There's just nothing you can do about that sort of thing except not buy their products which really sucks if the product is something you really like.

I apologize for the samsung tech support as I have heard many bad stories. (I am a samsung rep myself) I'm glad to hear the guys at best buy are doing better then the technical line. I will also look In to this post and bubble it up the ladder.

1812dave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMmarked1 View Post
    I apologize for the samsung tech support as I have heard many bad stories. (I am a samsung rep myself) I'm glad to hear the guys at best buy are doing better then the technical line. I will also look In to this post and bubble it up the ladder.

While you are at it, how about having the mucky-mucks either fire the guy, or retrain him from scratch--the guy that told me I had to have Kit Kat on my Note 2 in order to pair it with the Gear 2. I nearly sent my watch back to Amazon due to that bozo's misinformation.