Help! Weather Clock Option Disappeared!

DividedShark

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am currently using a Samsung Gear 2 paired with a Galaxy S4. I recently became frustrated with the limited weather updates, so I attempted to uninstall AccuWeather and replace it with a different application. However, I think I may have uninstalled too many programs and now my Gear 2's "weather clock" is no longer on the list in the Gear Manager home screen. Is there any remedy to this? Is there a better weather option on the market now? Thanks!

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Look a what widgets you have available. Do you still have the Accuwether widget? For whatever reason, I had to drop the widget on to a page to get it to sync with my Gear 2 Neo correctly. Maybe try that and see if it works for you.

DividedShark

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I reinstalled Accuweather from the Samsung App store (which redirected to the play store), but I think it may have been a different version because the widget looks very different from the stock "weather" widget. I have the widgets on my screen now, but the watch's weather doesn't seem to be updating. I'll give it a little while, but the clock face option did return upon restarting the watch.

DividedShark

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, I'm an *****. There's a settings feature that allows you to turn off the stock weather widget and I never turned it back on .-. I seriously hope they release a better option for the weather services because it is often very unreliable.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just for clarification, did you go to the setting for the weather and check 'Use Current Location' and set the auto-refresh time period?

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, I'm an *****. There's a settings feature that allows you to turn off the stock weather widget and I never turned it back on .-. I seriously hope they release a better option for the weather services because it is often very unreliable.

Just saw this, glad you got it working again. I really like the weather clock face.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'd like it updated a little more than an hour at a time. You might be able to do something with Atooma if you are wanting alerts of specific weather conditions.