Gear 2 - I want to get rid of Tizen and install the android version on the Gear Live ...possible?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The Play store page indicates a 1 day battery life-probably due to an always on display. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I'm sure all the Pebble aficionados will be all over that...

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you install android running on the Galaxy Gear Live on the Gear 2? Will I lose camera function? Thank you in advance.
You have to wait for some developers to hack it and install custom ROM and yes you will probably you will loose the camera. You will also loose the ability to have 3rd party "standalone" apps on your watch (that's from what I read), which means all apps now are only android apps sending notification or taking request from watch

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You have to wait for some developers to hack it and install custom ROM and yes you will probably you will loose the camera. You will also loose the ability to have 3rd party "standalone" apps on your watch (that's from what I read), which means all apps now are only android apps sending notification or taking request from watch

My first thought was to flash android wear when it's available too... But the fact that there are less apps and not even stand alone apps... It may be too early to do this.... I just wish s voice was faster on the watch.

Posted via Android Central App

RyJoDetroit

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes the S Voice is very slow, doesn't work as well as Google Voice either. I think I'm going to send the Gear 2 back and get the Gear live, I've had the Gear 2 for 2 weeks and have use the camera twice, just to show someone who asks about it. So I'm pretty sure I can live without it.

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site
there will be available standalone app for Android Wear, Google hold the developers to release and upload the apps until July 7 that is according to the report

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
there will be available standalone app for Android Wear, Google hold the developers to release and upload the apps until July 7 that is according to the report

Would it be possible for someone to make a music player as a standalone app or is more than an app required to allow a device to play music from storage?

Joshua Youn

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
To tell the truth, I'm not sure if this will come to reality. I own a Samsung Gear 2 Neo, great watch, but the software is the most wtf thing for me. Unfortunately, u decided to be that guy who tried to reset my watch and connect it via the Android Wear app. I gave up after 5 hours but in theory, it sounds fairly simple. If you can just extract all the files from the Android Wear OS and delete the Tizen files and just move them over, it should work but Android Wear isn't an open source which means it will come through some XDA developers. I'm afraid if you do manage to install it you might brick your watch.

Posted via Android Central App

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well i bought my Samsung Gear 2 Neo last week. I very carefully made this choice, l looked at the LG G Watch for the Android Wear. But this is so primitive and premature, i decided against it.
Also reviews say the same, and all are waiting for the Moto 360 to come out.

Lets hope that someone makes a ROM for the Gear 2, or to Android Wear in a year or so. When it's more mature. Then the Gear2 will have a new makeover without needing to buy another.

For now i have a integration with Tasker, getting notifications and using the Android Alarms. Using Gear Tasks for shopping lists. Voice memo's on the watch. So everything (for now) when outdoors and having the phone in the pocket.

Maybe the 1st Gear generation apps will be ported to the Tyzen Wear OS, since the Gear has been upgraded to Tyzen also.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Debating if I want to send back my Gear 2 and get the Gear Live, really like the cross talk on the Google Now that the Gear 2 doesn't have.

Well the Dutch language isn't there yet. But besides that, take note that the Text to Speech translations is not flawless. So unusable for text input method, if you can not correct the mistakes.

LARRY NEWSOME

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well i bought my Samsung Gear 2 Neo last week. I very carefully made this choice, l looked at the LG G Watch for the Android Wear. But this is so primitive and premature, i decided against it.
Also reviews say the same, and all are waiting for the Moto 360 to come out.

Lets hope that someone makes a ROM for the Gear 2, or to Android Wear in a year or so. When it's more mature. Then the Gear2 will have a new makeover without needing to buy another.

For now i have a integration with Tasker, getting notifications and using the Android Alarms. Using Gear Tasks for shopping lists. Voice memo's on the watch. So everything (for now) when outdoors and having the phone in the pocket.

Maybe the 1st Gear generation apps will be ported to the Tyzen Wear OS, since the Gear has been upgraded to Tyzen also.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon