FYI; Android Wear Is Here, So What Can It Do?

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Android Wear Is Here, So What Can It Do?

Google’s Android Wear is finally here, the first devices like the LG G Watch and the Samsung Gear Live are now available to buy, and the Moto 360 is coming later this summer.

Now that Android Wear has been released, Google has shared some of the features that are now available on their new wearable platform.

Android Wear devices are able to connect to your Android smartphone of tablet, and the platform comes with some cool features, which include OK Google voice commands, allowing you to communicate with your smartwatch using voice commands.

android-wear-2.jpg

Fitness tracking is another part of Android Wear, and some of the new devices come with built in heart rate monitors, we can see the fitness tracking features being expanded further when Google Fit launches later this fall.

Like other smart watches, you can check your calls, read your texts and instant messages, as well as your emails on Google’s new platform. You can also use Voice Search to search for a variety of things.

Android Wear also comes will built in turn by turn navigation from Google Maps, and you can set things like reminders, and also control your music on your smartphone or tablet with your smartwatch.

Reminders is another features in Android Wear, it will tell you when you have an appointment, and remind you of important things, it can also display other information like your flight times and details on how long it will take you to get to work. It will work with smartphones and tablets that are running Android 4.3 and above.

You can find out more details on Google’s new werable platform over at Google at the link below, we can expect to see more devices launching with the platform later this year.

Android Wear

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have asked this on another thread, can it answer/make calls and does it also has a builtin music player like the Gear 2? I can't seem to find the answers anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It can receive and make calls, I doubt it has a standalone music player because I would think they would be advertising that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC mobile app

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It can receive and make calls

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC mobile app
I have been surfing the web about this feature. It would be fantastic if it does have it. Can you share the link to your claim?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
it has very little info but there are suppose to be some Demo units traveling around for marketing purposes very soon, that's what the Samsung guy at Best Buys told me.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you read the whole notification with ALL text in it. Even when the text exceeds the 140 characters, like email, or custom notification created by Tasker?
Because every morning i send my watch a notification from tasker with the daily joke, weather forcast, upcoming calendar items, a note with items from a checklist, ect.
And i also want to read a whole email message, without getting my phone to read it.
Galaxy Gear 2 Neo can do this all, with the app Gear Notify and the system notification viewer.