where to get a gear 2 neo?

nbomar1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So I've tried 5 best buy stores now and they have 0. I finally asked if they would just order me one. The guy referred me to bestbuy.com which doesn't accept my tax id number but does it let me us my reward zone points (I have enough to get the watch free). I informed him of the problems with using the website, so he got the manager and he looked up the grey and black neo. One shows discontinued and the other shows but available for any orders...??? I asked then why they still have the big Samsung displays if they can't even order the parts and/or they are discontinued. Gee just told be that it was a corporate policy. So does anyone know how I can get one of these watches (at bestbuy preferably so I can get it free)?

Posted via Android Central App

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You can go to the customer service desk of any Best Buy (or find a willing sales associate), and they will put in an order for you and have it shipped to your home.

That's how I got mine. I went to the Best Buy store, they had none in stock, then I asked them to check every other store in town (only 5 or 6 here) and they had none either. So, I said can you order it. They said, they can help you at the customer service desk and order it for you. I casually said, Aww you can't do it here. They said, Oh, yeah, no problem, let me punch it in. I got the warranty and expedited shipping. Ordered on a Friday, had it on Monday.

nbomar1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I will try another bestbuy. That's what I did, and they called the manager over to tell me the part numbers are discontinued or not available in a store and only allowed online...

Posted via Android Central App

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The Best Buy I went to said they weren't going to be keeping the smartwatches in store, at that time, and only had the demos. Everyone had to order online.

nbomar1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, I talked to another best buy and they have ordered the watch and sent it to my home. (I Paid for it) they told me to bring it back once I get it and they will return it and issue a refund. adding this sku to their inventory. I can then repurchase the available sku in store with my reward zone points. Best possible solution so far and I'm grateful we could at least come up with this solution. Glad to see someone still trying to make the customer satisfied! Now I can't wait to get my new watch!

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
That's really good to hear. I had earned reward zone points, but didn't try to redeem any. Glad it all worked out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I found it ridiculous that Best Buy would display the Neo and then not sell it although I guess it was a Samsung decision to do that but I find it totally nonsensical. I ended up going to AT&T and they had one left so I grabbed it up. Just didn't feel like waiting 2-3 days for Best Buy to order it for me.

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
At&t stores got them... I would would wait for Android wear tho there gonna have standalone apps as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of AT&T a while back they were running a special in their online accessories store such that if you bought 3 or more accessories at one time (and yes ALL THREE Samsung Gear 2 devices were considered phone accessories) then you would get 30% of your entire order. I used this special to purchase a Gear 2 Neo for $60 off plus two other inexpensive accessories. Great deal IMHO. This special ran for an entire month if I recall. So you might want to see if it runs again.

If you do have the patience to wait for a similar deal to come around again, I would also consider the advice of the previous poster and consider an Android Wear device. I like my Neo OK but it should be so much better integrated with their S phones being a Samsung Galaxy Universe dedicated device. The apps are sparse compared even to a less capable Sony Smartwatch 2, it does not integrate well with existing Samsung phone-based fitness apps and I fear that ultimately the Gear/Gear 2 line may be dead branch footnote on the Samsung wearables family tree if Samsung fully embraces the more widely compatible Android Gear wearables. I am beginning to wish i had waited on any Samsung wearable until it was clear what direction Samsung was going to head regarding Android Wear. So this should be considered carefully before taking the plunge with a Gear 2 device.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of AT&T a while back they were running a special in their online accessories store such that if you bought 3 or more accessories at one time (and yes ALL THREE Samsung Gear 2 devices were considered phone accessories) then you would get 30% of your entire order. I used this special to purchase a Gear 2 Neo for $60 off plus two other inexpensive accessories. Great deal IMHO. This special ran for an entire month if I recall. So you might want to see if it runs again.

If you do have the patience to wait for a similar deal to come around again, I would also consider the advice of the previous poster and consider an Android Wear device. I like my Neo OK but it should be so much better integrated with their S phones being a Samsung Galaxy Universe dedicated device. The apps are sparse compared even to a less capable Sony Smartwatch 2, it does not integrate well with existing Samsung phone-based fitness apps and I fear that ultimately the Gear/Gear 2 line may be dead branch footnote on the Samsung wearables family tree if Samsung fully embraces the more widely compatible Android Gear wearables. I am beginning to wish i had waited on any Samsung wearable until it was clear what direction Samsung was going to head regarding Android Wear. So this should be considered carefully before taking the plunge with a Gear 2 device.

Yah, I wondered where they were headed as well and agree it may end up on the scrap heap. That said, I don't regret getting my Gear 2. I could have returned it as the Gear Live was coming out during my window for returning it. I decided however that I preferred the design of the Gear 2 more. The Live has more apps available but I liked what I had in the gear 2 both in function and design. Next time I go to update to a new watch, then I'll pay more attention to the other choices. For now, I'm happy.

UPDATE: Just read a review of the Gear Live on CNET and now I'm REALLY glad I didn't go for that. They actually referred to it as a "Gear 2 Lite". No speaker either which also means no phone calls. I'll stick with my Neo until Android Wear has several watches come out with more of what I like. No speakers? No way.

Last edited: