Fleksy Update

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I sure did! Reads much more positive with only one "not".
.not only did I not gain more apps, I lost half the clock ones.

Maybe uninstall Gear Manager, factory reset watch, then re-install GM. Not ideal, but WAY better than a phone reset if it works.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I sure did! Reads much more positive with only one "not".

Maybe uninstall Gear Manager, factory reset watch, then re-install GM. Not ideal, but WAY better than a phone reset if it works.

Unfortunately, all I have left to do is the factory reset of the phone (which I'm prob not going to do). When I deleted Gear manager, it made me do a factory reset of the watch.

Oh well. maybe the next update will fix this problem. I'm still loving the watch, just really wish I had all the apps available to make the experience even better.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, all I have left to do is the factory reset of the phone (which I'm prob not going to do). When I deleted Gear manager, it made me do a factory reset of the watch.

Oh well. maybe the next update will fix this problem. I'm still loving the watch, just really wish I had all the apps available to make the experience even better.

While I sympathize that you can't see all of the available apps, trust me, there aren't all that many useful ones out there. Of the 13 or so that I have installed, I rarely use ANY of them and they are the specific apps that I wanted on the watch. I find the included apps like the WatchON Remote to be more useful than any 6 combined 3rd party apps.

In a slightly related note, there is a new app, Charge Device, that has the balls to immediately ask for one's email address AND PASSWORD! Seriously. I installed it today, saw the request for my email password and deleted it. I guess phising via emails isn't good enough--enterprising people are now making apps to steal passwords. Great.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
While I sympathize that you can't see all of the available apps, trust me, there aren't all that many useful ones out there. Of the 13 or so that I have installed, I rarely use ANY of them and they are the specific apps that I wanted on the watch. I find the included apps like the WatchON Remote to be more useful than any 6 combined 3rd party apps.

In a slightly related note, there is a new app, Charge Device, that has the balls to immediately ask for one's email address AND PASSWORD! Seriously. I installed it today, saw the request for my email password and deleted it. I guess phising via emails isn't good enough--enterprising people are now making apps to steal passwords. Great.

Yeah, not a lot to choose from. Way too many games, way too many watch faces with little variation.

I use Strava, WatchOn, NewsAce, and EasilyDo the most. I like Charge Device, although I threw in a randomly generated password because there's no need for it to ask for those.

Also, I really like the built in Media Controller, as it controls any ChromeCast playback, just like the phone does.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, not a lot to choose from. Way too many games, way too many watch faces with little variation.

I use Strava, WatchOn, NewsAce, and EasilyDo the most. I like Charge Device, although I threw in a randomly generated password because there's no need for it to ask for those.

Also, I really like the built in Media Controller, as it controls any ChromeCast playback, just like the phone does.

Yeah, I also like the media controller and I DIDN'T KNOW it controls chromecast, which I use whenever we watch Netflix in our bedroom. I used to have one of our PS3's in the bedroom but I decided to resume playing the various Call of Duty games, which I play only in my office as I don't like the ergonomics of playing in front of our big screens. The chromecast was a cheap way to get Netflix working in the bedroom. Unlike a Sony BD player that I used to have in there, the Chromecast gets an HD signal via wifi. I guess the BD player had a crappy wifi antenna??? When I had a couple of those BD players (mostly for Netflix) I had to run ethernet to two rooms because the pic quality was so awful. Then one day I noticed my PS3 had a much nicer picture (Netflix) so I returned the players to Costco for refund (aren't they great? the players were over 2 years old. LOL!) and for far less, I bought the second PS3. I still can't figure out why the BD players wouldn't output a 1080p Netflix image. They worked fine for the occasional BD disc...