Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery draining fast! On S5 and Gear 2 Neo

I just received my watch on the 3rd and ever since I've downloaded the gear app manager, paired the devices and have been using the bluetooth mode, my phone and watch have been dying fast! I'll charge it up to 100% and within 6-7hrs I'm in critical mode with 15% left on the watch and about 25% on my phone. I installed battery doctor and 5 of the 12 apps that are draining my battery were gear manager apps: goproviders, Gear Manager, Host Manager, Connectionmanager, saproviders. Bluetooth is also draining my power. The other apps are: google playstore, adidas fifa world cup LWP, s note, drive, and temple run 2. Is gear manager suppose to use so much juice? Are there things that I don't have to be running all the time? I just got it so still trying to figure it all out. How do you use your 'gear' without killing your battery? Help please

Thanks!

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery draining fast! On S5 and Gear 2 Neo

hmmm...thats a tough one.

I am gonna say that something is wrong with the install of the gear manager. Uninstall and re-install. Either that or your battery may have issues. Did you have good battery life before the watch?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It would last me a day or so, but I use it A LOT! Phone/txt/music/gps/pictures. But i noticed that syncs were always happening, so I disabled auto sync and location services. Is that normal? I will try re -installing gear manager, though, i've read that that's been a fix for a lot of people. Thanks! O, will I lose my data if I do that? It should be on s health already right?

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I honestly do not know if you will lose data. I do not have any experience with it. I would assume that S Health will still keep your data but cannot say with any certainty. If you had good/decent battery life before and the only thing you changed was gear manager, then it stands to reason that is where the fault lies.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yup! that's what I'm thinking! I'm doing a re install as we speak. Will test it out for the rest of the day and post the results
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The install just finished, I did lose my step count for today, but as for the last couple of days, everything is still there, so that's good! and my contacts and schedule are still loaded on my watch. In case if anyone else was worried about losing info on a re-install

You might want to have a look at this thread.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well its been over a week since I did a re install and I am very happy with the battery life! It's been lasting for a day min with all day use! I use it for pedometer, and as a flight attendant, I've had a 13hr duty day, with it tracking my steps. I also use it at night to track my sleep and when I'm not working, I have it connected to bluetooth and I get notifications sent and I use it to track an hr workout + walking the dogs for about an hr. I don't mind having to charge it once a day, for everything that this little guy does!
    mpogr - I took a look at that link, I had already turned off auto sync because my phone battery was draining and that helped a lot with my s5 battery life.

So in short, a re install of gear manager and turning off auto sync ( settings - backup and reset - uncheck backup my data) *the only thing with that is now you have to remember to backup every now and then. Not a bad trade off for better battery life! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated !