Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By John Shaw3
  • 1 Post By NoFaQ
  • 1 Post By indyfsufan
  • 1 Post By lizardchest
  • 1 Post By lizardchest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Question Runtastic App on Gear 2 Neo

my wife gave me as a preset a Gear 2 Neo. I use runtastic 4 times a week when I go mountain biking. I installed the app on my Neo but when I run it I just get this...

Runtastic App on Gear 2 Neo-20140712_154429.jpg

and that's it... it just stays there... I contacted the runtastic support email that they have on the samsung gear apps section but i just got an automatic email response.

Does anyone have this problem with the Neo? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3

Default Re: Runtastic App on Gear 2 Neo

Quote Originally Posted by B3t0 View Post
    my wife gave me as a preset a Gear 2 Neo. I use runtastic 4 times a week when I go mountain biking. I installed the app on my Neo but when I run it I just get this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140712_154429.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	127261

and that's it... it just stays there... I contacted the runtastic support email that they have on the samsung gear apps section but i just got an automatic email response.

Does anyone have this problem with the Neo? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3
    Yep I do and I've read on here others do as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Then i guess all that can be done is wait for an update for the App....

Sent from my Gorgeous Samsung Galaxy S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I got finally an answer from Runtastic in their Facebook Fan Page.

Hi Beto, thanks for the feedback, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.runtastic.com/hc/en/requests/new - Thank you for your patience!
    Hope everyone that is having problems contact support on the link they provide me with so they can fix this ASAP!!!
    Last edited by B3t0; 07-15-2014 at 06:37 PM.

I have emailed Samsung and runtastic as this was the only reason I brought the gear 2, no reply from samsung, runtastic said Samsung should not have released it on the app store and it's still has bugs, I have no eta on a fix from runtastic but its been months and months now I so wish I never bothered with the gear 2 the support has been shocking. the heart rate monitor is not supported I don't think on runtastic either as its not reliable when exercising, I mean when else would you use it! The new watches with infared hrm now have two sensors if you will notice, I'm not happy with samung at all it cost me £250 and next to useless.
    B3t0 likes this.

Strava works great. I use it about 4 times a week, and I've had it crash on the watch once in the past 6-8 weeks. I opened it back up on the watch, and it sync'd and picked right back up where the phone was.

Unfortunately, https://tapiriik.com/ doesn't sync with Runtastic, so you would have to manually move over any runs, but it's not difficult to export/import all.
    B3t0 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoFaQ View Post
    Strava works great. I use it about 4 times a week, and I've had it crash on the watch once in the past 6-8 weeks. I opened it back up on the watch, and it sync'd and picked right back up where the phone was.

Unfortunately, https://tapiriik.com/ doesn't sync with Runtastic, so you would have to manually move over any runs, but it's not difficult to export/import all.
    Thaks for the tip NoFaQ. Will check that up.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Is there a way to have Strava always on running on my gear screen while im using it??? cause after some seconds the screen go to off mode and when i rise my arm to see how im doing it shows me the clock on the main screen :/

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

You can set your watch to go to last screen viewed when you raise your arm.
    B3t0 likes this.

Is there a way to have Strava always on running on my gear screen while im using it??? cause after some seconds the screen go to off mode and when i rise my arm to see how im doing it shows me the clock on the main screen :/
    On your phone:
    Gear Manager>Settings>Wake-up gesture>Select screen shown>Last viewed screen

On your watch:
    Settings>Display>Wake-up gesture>Last viewed....
    B3t0 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Thanks! That worked fine!

Does the Strava App doens't reads the HR from my Gear 2 Neo or is just Me????

From devs who have posted here, it seems that Samsung has not opened the API to the HR monitor yet. Something to do with a legal CYA. They have stated that Samsung does not have a contract in place yet to clear the legal challenge of people suing Samsung and app devs for creating a "device to diagnose or treat any medical conditions". Everyone's afraid of lawsuits....
    B3t0 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Well they are illegally selling something that supose to read the HR for my health and it doesn't!!!!

That was the greatest feature of the Gear 2 and Fit Divices!!! This just sucks!!!!

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    From devs who have posted here, it seems that Samsung has not opened the API to the HR monitor yet. Something to do with a legal CYA. They have stated that Samsung does not have a contract in place yet to clear the legal challenge of people suing Samsung and app devs for creating a "device to diagnose or treat any medical conditions". Everyone's afraid of lawsuits....
    The latest Endomondo 10.3.1 supposedly works with the Gear 2 heart monitor. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omondo.android
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

It doens't. I had endomodo and the app sucked too... it crashes a lot...

It doens't. I had endomodo and the app sucked too... it crashes a lot...
    I've used the endomondo app since it came out and have had one crash. But, it syncs right back to phone when it's back up. It does use the HR monitor and will give you the info on the phone with the HR monitor graph.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoFaQ View Post
    I've used the endomondo app since it came out and have had one crash. But, it syncs right back to phone when it's back up. It does use the HR monitor and will give you the info on the phone with the HR monitor graph.
    Well i didn't check it on the phone... but anyways i'm happy now with strava... hope they can update their up to use the HR Monitor