Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Delete multiple/all messages?

Is it possible to delete multiple/all the messages from my Gear 2? I mean either email or text messages. I am finding that I already have 100+ messages on my Gear 2, even though they are gone from my phone/inbox.

Also, any way to delete from my phone when I delete from the Gear? as opposed to the "will delete on Gear only" message that I am getting.

Just received my Gear yesterday, generally like it so far, just struggling to figure some things out. Have been reading the forums for about a week, and cannot find the answer to the above.

Default Re: Delete multiple/all messages?

When you open the notifications app on the watch, you will see a bunch of subsections I.e. email, Facebook, Hangouts, etc... Long press anyone of those (without actually opening it) and it will ask you if you want to delete xx messages from that subsection. Hit yes and it will remove that notification subsection type from your list.

I don't think there is a way to remove items from your phone via the watch

Posted via Android Central App

all you have to do is drag down from the top on the screen that has the various notification types, and you will see "Delete All" in a gray bar. click that to delete ALL notifications.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Think you meant drag up? I did that and found the "delete all" function, which is awesome.

Really wish it would delete on my Note as well, but at least this is something! Appreciate the input and help!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebowler300 View Post
    Think you meant drag up? I did that and found the "delete all" function, which is awesome.

Really wish it would delete on my Note as well, but at least this is something! Appreciate the input and help!
    Drag down to reveal bar at top.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Weird. If I drag down it goes back one screen. Drag up I get the delete all function

If you swipe from the top of the screen, it goes back. If you drag down from somewhere in the middle of the screen it shows delete all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebowler300 View Post
    Weird. If I drag down it goes back one screen. Drag up I get the delete all function
    Don't drag down from above the top of the screen. Drag down from the middle of the screen

I would be nice if the message auto deletes when it is read!
    I is dismissed on the phone, but still there on the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    I would be nice if the message auto deletes when it is read!
    I is dismissed on the phone, but still there on the watch.
    Didn't you ever want to reference a message a second time?

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Didn't you ever want to reference a message a second time?

These are only notifications of apps. The real messages can be read from the apps.
    In my phone if i click on the notification to read, it is also dismissed and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    These are only notifications of apps. The real messages can be read from the apps.
    In my phone if i click on the notification to read, it is also dismissed and gone.

When I go to Notifications on my watch, I can review a message (the first portion of it) as many times as I like. I don't HAVE to go to an app (unless I need to read more of the message which isn't that often, for the types of messages I receive).

Secondly, I know that on the phone, if you click on a notification, it takes you to the app and then disappears. WHile that's fine and dandy it's also doing a lot more (which takes longer, and is more "complete" regarding the message contents). The beauty of the watch notifications is that they are right on your wrist, with the first portion ready to be read as many times as you choose. I really like the notifications on the watch (the primary reason I bought it, actually).