LuxHex Apps (vCounter & wvAlarm updates)

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
More than 2 months ago I opened a topic asking for ideas for Samsung Gear. I didn’t expect much to be honest but I was surprised with many cool ideas forum’s members posted.

I wish I could fulfill all wishes but I couldn’t sadly. Some of the ideas I managed to do, others were not possible in the current version of Tizen. Some requested were about popular famous apps that their own companies should do unless they provide open API and open source app which was not possible as well. Some ideas were tricky and I had no clue how to code them

I have received requests by email as well.

I only managed to develop 10 apps. I have published 9 of them and I hope the number 10 become available very soon.

I wasn’t able to do it with your help guys, so THANK YOU

You can ask for updates or fixes in this topic

All apps are free now

1- vCounter: Multiple countdown/countup app

2- WalkUp: Pedometer Alarm clock

3- wvAlarm: Wrist Vibrating Alarm

4- GetWell: Reminder app to take your medicine every day

5- DrinkWater: Water daily intake log app

6- G-Neon: Flashlight app with 7 new colors and more

7- vSilent: Set your phone to silent mode for period of time from Gear and then it will remind you when time is over to set it back to normal mode

8- vRecord Capture photos, record videos and audios from your Gear

9- vCamera Remote phone camera. Turn your Gear into camera viewfinder and capture photos remotely

10- MuslimGear: App for muslims users calculating pray times and Islamic date

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: LuxHex Apps (new app, vRecord)

Index, GREAT work! We all appreciate having developers for this new tech, and I know time is valuable for anyone. For you to make all of these and not charge is quite generous. Maybe set up a donation link? ;)

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded vRecord. Little glitchy-had to uninstall/reinstall. At first the screen on the watch was upright. Now it shows as sideways. Any way for me to switch orientation? Also, videos are saved, but I am unable to watch them on my phone(S3) or when emailed to my computer??? ?Phone says "Sorry, this video cannot be played." and computer says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." I've tried accessing from my file manager and from the stock video app on the phone.

Also, you may want to note more explicitly that the photos/videos are NOT saved into the gallery, but in the phone storage under the vRecord folder. It took me some searching. I know you stated it in the description and video. But I can guarantee some reviews are going to say it doesn't work b/c people are used to looking in their gallery and also don't like to read directions... :)

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded vRecord.....
Hmmm, very strange

The app service performs auto orientation. The camera viewfinder should respond to the orientation of the phone

The video recording using default video recording setting of your device. I don't set any specific codec

The app doesn't perform automatic media scan. Even if I saved the media files to default media folder they will not appear in the Gallery. I tried to code it but failed. I had no time.. I had to publish it.. I will try again

The app is tricky, it crashed on GS4 mini and GS Mega group. I had to deselect this group

Samsung validation team tested it on 48 devices and reported no issues

I will see what I can do.. very strange.. maybe you should uninstall/install it again

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I tried it and the orientation is incorrect

One thing a patient doesn't want to hear from a surgeon is "oops" and from a programmer? We don't want to hear "strange" . what we want to hear is " I will recheck the code and test it more thoroughly".

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Will do.
As far as orientation, it's different for camera (right of watch is bottom), video (left of watch is bottom). Even when I rotate the phone, the watch screen orientation continues to stay on the right or left, depending on camera or video, if I explained it clearly...

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I tried it and the orientation is incorrect

One thing a patient doesn't want to hear from a surgeon is "oops" and from a programmer? We don't want to hear "strange" . what we want to hear is " I will recheck the code and test it more thoroughly".

So you are the angry person who rated the app 1 star on the store :)

I will recheck it for sure. I am planning for major update in few weeks.

I wrote these notes in the app description

Notes:
- Media files are stored in vRecordMedia folder in your phone storage
- App dose not perform auto media scan. Media files will not appear automatically in your gallery

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Will do.
As far as orientation, it's different for camera (right of watch is bottom), video (left of watch is bottom). Even when I rotate the phone, the watch screen orientation continues to stay on the right or left, depending on camera or video, if I explained it clearly...

I have Note 10.1 and I am testing apps on it only and relay on the store for full test. I think the orientation in my device is different than phone and that's why .. I have to find a solution.

If anyone can send me screenshot of the orientation issue I will fix very soon

What about the photos? Are they oriented in correct way?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Don't complain about ratings . People are free to rate things as they choose.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

If anyone can send me screenshot of the orientation issue I will fix very soon

What about the photos? Are they oriented in correct way?
Photos are sideways, as well. Hope this image helps:
Screenshot_071614_092951_AM.jpg
It was taken with the phone in portrait. Switching to landscape changes the scaling, but not orientation.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Interesting. His response reminds me of the sellers on Amazon that complain if you leave a four star rating instead of a 5 star rating. There's no pleasing some people with ratings

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Don't complain about ratings . People are free to rate things as they choose.

Sure, You are free to rate it but your main problem was just written in the app description. You didn't read 4-5 lines of the app description
If 1 star rating was for a bug or the orientation issue, I would understand and work hard to fix them

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. His response reminds me of the sellers on Amazon that complain if you leave a four star rating instead of a 5 star rating. There's no pleasing some people with ratings

Totally predicted this nearly 2 hours ago... lmao ;)

Also, you may want to note more explicitly that the photos/videos are NOT saved into the gallery, but in the phone storage under the vRecord folder. It took me some searching. I know you stated it in the description and video. But I can guarantee some reviews are going to say it doesn't work b/c people are used to looking in their gallery and also don't like to read directions...

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Totally predicted this nearly 2 hours ago... lmao ;)

LOL, yeah..

The funny thing I got comment in Italian saying it works very well and didn't complain about missing media files ;)

- - - Updated - - -

If it was you, this may clear up your worry about your full name appearing...
View attachment 127809
:)

I can see your email to @ then ****

So if that is your full name before @ then it is visible to the seller

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Rather than "shooting the messenger(s)" for complaining about issues with an app, or explaining away a deficiency by notating it in the app notes, perhaps it might be time better spent testing the app? Just a thought.

IMO, the developer is a tad defensive. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Too funny! I just went to the app reviews to see what you all are talking about and see two 1 star reviews. To one of them, the "seller" chides the reviewer for not emailing him directly instead of posting a one star review, and to the other reviewer, the "seller" apologizes. Two one-star reviews; two totally different attitudes from the seller. I think the seller could do with a little more consistency in responding ? :)

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Too funny! I just went to the app reviews to see what you all are talking about and see two 1 star reviews. To one of them, the "seller" chides the reviewer for not emailing him directly instead of posting a one star review, and to the other reviewer, the "seller" apologizes. Two one-star reviews; two totally different attitudes from the seller. I think the seller could do with a little more consistency in responding ? :)

???
One of the reviews mentioned a flaw with the app, Dev apologized for flaw and indicated he was working on it.
Other review was not a flaw, but user error caused by not reading the description/directions. As always, first troubleshooting step is RTFM. Which the user didn't. I totally understand chastising someone who can't comprehend what an app is designed to do, then leaving bad feedback due to their own ignorance.
If it was two reviews mentioning the same thing, you would have a point. But....

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I am not going to argue and turn this thread to "my fault" or "your fault" argument

I have found a solution for the orientation but can you confirm if the video is working... could be the wrong orientation the reason?