Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A shoe size converter app for 99 cents ?

Seriously? Oh well, the Kardashian app is popular on iPhones... sigh.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    lizardchest likes this.

Default Re: A shoe size converter app for 99 cents ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Seriously? Oh well, the Kardashian app is popular on iPhones... sigh.
    You mentioned the "Tip Converter in another thread. Was that charged? People will pay a machine to move a decimal point(and double it)?!?!?!
    Hell, if I could get a hundered people to pay a buck for a shoe size converter, I don't think I would be the sucker... lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: A shoe size converter app for 99 cents ?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    You mentioned the "Tip Converter in another thread. Was that charged? People will pay a machine to move a decimal point(and double it)?!?!?!
    Hell, if I could get a hundered people to pay a buck for a shoe size converter, I don't think I would be the sucker... lol
    I'm wondering if it's one of two things: 1) math taught in the last 30+ years has taking a turn for the worse, or 2) people growing up in the last 2 generations are less adapt at math due to the proliferation of calculators, computers, et al. I'm going to go with choice (2).

oh, and i didn't even mention in my OP that shoe sizes are marked in US and other standards on the boxes and inside the shoes...ordering on line is also easy due to the web sites having the converters...US/UK/Euro/Japan

When I grew up you did it either in your head or if you couldn't manage that simple task, you resorted to pencil (or if you were feeling confident--a pen) and paper. heck, even my math skills have dropped over the years because of easy access to something that does the math for me. I can only imagine how skills taken for granted just 25 years ago will be completely lost to history in the near future.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    lizardchest likes this.