Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By lizardchest
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 heart rate monitor

Can someone send me how hear rate monitor works at scheme?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gear 2 heart rate monitor

I'm not positive, but I believe the Gear 2 doses your bloodstream with high levels of radiation. The radiation then travels up your wrist to your heart. Using high power, Ultra Low Frequency(ULF) radio waves, the Gear 2 bombards your body looking for the radiation that it introduced. By measuring the output rhythm of the radiation (that the Gear 2 introduced), the watch uses a complex algorithm (the computation power alone produces more radiation) to figure out your heart rate.

Or something similar to this:
    “Seeing” the heart signals
    To detect the heart-related signals, two tiny green LEDs embedded in the back of the sensing unit shine through the skin onto the blood vessels just below the surface. At the same time, a small light sensor registers exactly how much light from the LEDs is reflected by the blood vessels. The darker the veins, the less light is reflected. The veins darken briefly with each surge of blood caused by the heartbeat. The sensor continuously measures exactly how much light it receives, and all variations are amplified, digitized and processed to produce a clear heart-signal reading.

--http://www.research.philips.com/downloads/backgrounders/backgrounder-unobtrusive-heart-rate-monitoring.html
    1812dave, NoFaQ and Gega1234 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    I'm not positive, but I believe the Gear 2 doses your bloodstream with high levels of radiation. The radiation then travels up your wrist to your heart. Using high power, Ultra Low Frequency(ULF) radio waves, the Gear 2 bombards your body looking for the radiation that it introduced. By measuring the output rhythm of the radiation (that the Gear 2 introduced), the watch uses a complex algorithm (the computation power alone produces more radiation) to figure out your heart rate.

Or something similar to this:
    “Seeing” the heart signals
    To detect the heart-related signals, two tiny green LEDs embedded in the back of the sensing unit shine through the skin onto the blood vessels just below the surface. At the same time, a small light sensor registers exactly how much light from the LEDs is reflected by the blood vessels. The darker the veins, the less light is reflected. The veins darken briefly with each surge of blood caused by the heartbeat. The sensor continuously measures exactly how much light it receives, and all variations are amplified, digitized and processed to produce a clear heart-signal reading.

--http://www.research.philips.com/downloads/backgrounders/backgrounder-unobtrusive-heart-rate-monitoring.html
    Thank u very much

Posted via Android Central App

And it does all this w/o requiring the victim...er...the wearer to receive an IV injection of contrast agent...
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    And it does all this w/o requiring the victim...er...the wearer to receive an IV injection of contrast agent...
    Micro-needles lace the back of the watch. That's why they want the band to be "snug".Not factual information
    http://www.phillipsmedisize.com/site...terface170.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Micro-needles lace the back of the watch. That's why they want the band to be "snug".Not factual information
    http://www.phillipsmedisize.com/site...terface170.pdf
    ah. I'll take my insulin the old-fashioned way...with an insulin pump.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    lizardchest likes this.