The newest apps should be an embarrassement ...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
... to the developers, Samsung, and we users of the Tizen products.

I had high hopes that the fledgling Tizen OS would eventually attract quality developers who would kick out some really cool apps but it seems to me we are going backwards. It appears that they are throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

I mean, c'mon folks, have you noticed the lame, redundant, useless, defective apps that are proliferating in the Samsung Apps store? The "purpose of some of the apps is laughable. I won't call any of them out by name but if you agree with me that the app store is becoming a bigger repository of useless apps as time goes on, please put a "like" on this post.

I don't mind showing my watch to curious acquaintances as I think it's pretty cool, but I wouldn't want to show them the Samsung app store!

Last edited:

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That is the reason why I cannot use any Samsung products. Yes yes I can root it and make it looks stock. However I enjoy turning my nexus 5 on and just using it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I really have no major complaints with the UI or apps available for my Note 2--just complaining here about the Tizen apps which seem to get worse with each passing day. II also own a nexus 7 which I despise with a passion...actually I sold mine ages ago, but I'm responsible for keeping my wife's nexus 7 running...every time I pick it up, my disdain for it reinforces why I sold mine.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yah, not much to look at there. Fortunately most of what I want, I already have although an Evernote app would be nice. Fortunately for me, I don't have a desire to do tons of things on my Gear, just the basics of what it already does. I see my Gear as an extension of my Note 3, not a replacement.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't disagree with you. Also in the rare Accurance I want to download an app that looks useful I can only download half of the time. I'm getting an error right now trying to download an app and now the apps wont even show up now. Awesome!

Posted via Android Central App

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I know I sound like a broken record, but I wish I saw these "crappy apps". I have 3 god damn apps in utilities now! Thats it! 3!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Prime example of a useless app. Speech2list. It creates the list in German. It requires the list to be created on the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I will say something about DrinkWater app which I coded based on forum's member request

The first comment ever I got was from USA. It was one star rating and the comment was HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. The comment was later removed by the user or store. I didn't flag it

That's it. Someone thought it was very silly idea while many people are using it and rating it. To be honest I was myself surprised that many people using similar apps to calculate water daily intake. One friend told me that their university teacher using similar app for android all day in the university. I was reading flipboard and one article rated similar app as one of the best health app for android?!

Saying that developers should be embarrassed by their apps is odd. It is not about Tizen, there are lots of fart apps for iPhone and Android.

Who wold thought that silly app like "YO" would receive $5 millions investment!!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
While there are plenty of useless apps for other platforms, can you not see that the preponderance of apps (especially the newer ones) in the Samsung Apps store are beyond lame, or they don't work, or they are cumbersome, or they fix a problem that doesn't exist, or they are REDUNDANT by being nearly identical to other apps that beat them to market.

As a Tizen watch user, I don't have much to choose from. When I look at apps for my phone (Android), or for Windows 7, I have a nearly limitless number to choose from. For the Gear 2, it's SLIM PICKINGS (for good apps) , which makes each lame app stand out all the more. Get it?

Furthermore, unlike your typical Android app, Tizen apps (at least all that I have installed) are rarely updated. MapMyRun got updated but not much else. I always keep my devices set to manual update so I can see what's just come out as well as look at the description of the changes.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I will say something about DrinkWater app which I coded based on forum's member request

The first comment ever I got was from USA. It was one star rating and the comment was HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. The comment was later removed by the user or store. I didn't flag it

That's it. Someone thought it was very silly idea while many people are using it and rating it. To be honest I was myself surprised that many people using similar apps to calculate water daily intake. One friend told me that their university teacher using similar app for android all day in the university. I was reading flipboard and one article rated similar app as one of the best health app for android?!

Saying that developers should be embarrassed by their apps is odd. It is not about Tizen, there are lots of fart apps for iPhone and Android.

Who wold thought that silly app like "YO" would receive $5 millions investment!!

Index, I'm embarrassed to say that that was my rating and comment. I did later erase it once I found out you were the developer of the app. I respect how hard you're working on trying to make a better experience with this watch. I've also read that that app was requested, and must have an audience/need though it may not be for me. Keep up the good work! Sorry.

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Index, I'm embarrassed to say that that was my rating and comment. I did later erase it once I found out you were the developer of the app. I respect how hard you're working on trying to make a better experience with this watch. I've also read that that app was requested, and must have an audience/need though it may not be for me. Keep up the good work! Sorry.

Never mind, I laughed when I saw your comment. It didn't bother me at all :)

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
While there are plenty of useless apps for other platforms ....
I don't think it is Tizen. It is wearable !

The OS is small (Android or Tizen) and the ideas are limited for wearable. I think there are now more than 200 apps which is good number considering Tizen is new and dev tools are still in beta. I have seen 70 new apps in the last week and some of them are good

Android wearable won't have many "great" apps either. The OS is very limited comparing it to Android for phones.

I made more bugs in the last 2 weeks more than before. I think the reason devs were in hurry to release apps for Gear Challenge which has ended week ago.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is Tizen. It is wearable !

The OS is small (Android or Tizen) and the ideas are limited for wearable. I think there are now more than 200 apps which is good number considering Tizen is new and dev tools are still in beta. I have seen 70 new apps in the last week and some of them are good

Android wearable won't have many "great" apps either. The OS is very limited comparing it to Android for phones.

I made more bugs in the last 2 weeks more than before. I think the reason devs were in hurry to release apps for Gear Challenge which has ended week ago.

I have to agree with all your points.

I've been nosing around a little bit on the Wearable side of things and the more I check it out, the more I'm happy I got a Tizen unit. I just started a new thread about a couple of good new apps...

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
it's true the apps with the exception of a few are more of a child-like type apps than for any reasonable adult would ever consider using or displaying...:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar