Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Hey there!

    I am participating in Samsung Gear app challenge and I've created a shopping list app called Quick Shop (can be found under Finances category). I've tried to make it quick and easy to use and I'm quite satisfied with the result myself .

    However, I'd really like to hear your thoughts about it, since I'll be adding features in the upcoming version.

    It's a paid app that for the time of the challenge goes with 100% discount. I'd include a demo video, but this is my first post so I can't post links yet.

    Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo-extra.jpg

    P.S. Sorry for this shameless self promotion , but I figured some of you guys might be interested.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    I tried it already. But i can't use it, because the watch part doesn't support multiple lists. I have 5 lists to keep notice and the whole idea of a smartwatch is to keep your phone in your pocket while you are shopping.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    I tried it already. But i can't use it, because the watch part doesn't support multiple lists. I have 5 lists to keep notice and the whole idea of a smartwatch is to keep your phone in your pocket while you are shopping.
    Yeah, that's one of the features that I had to leave unimplemented due to submission time limits. Though, I myself mostly use one list while in shop, I recognise that switching the lists directly from the watch would be convenient.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    I tried it already. But i can't use it, because the watch part doesn't support multiple lists. I have 5 lists to keep notice and the whole idea of a smartwatch is to keep your phone in your pocket while you are shopping.
    Not to hijack by the other guys post, but check out Geartasks. It's a Google Tasks sync for the watch, so you can select any of the lists from Google tasks to sync with you watch, and use any google task app on you phone.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    tsparks1's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    I like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Your app looks like one I've tried out but it seems to have another name in the market. Seems easy to use, but one thing that was really annoying today was the orange/red on yellow/orange background really is hard to read. Also it burns up battery having the full background like that. I would suggest an option for a user to set the watch UI background to black - for readability and battery savings (due to the watch's AMOLED screen, black screens use less power).
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
    Your app looks like one I've tried out but it seems to have another name in the market. Seems easy to use, but one thing that was really annoying today was the orange/red on yellow/orange background really is hard to read. Also it burns up battery having the full background like that. I would suggest an option for a user to set the watch UI background to black - for readability and battery savings (due to the watch's AMOLED screen, black screens use less power).
    Yes! Black background would be preferable.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Yes! Black background would be preferable.
    For me to!!! Especially for outdoor use, it's very hard to see.

    Also would like local store, so it's also available when bluetooth is disconnected.
    The perfect time for sync is when the when the shopping list is being edited on the phone. Then there is the best bluetooth connection between the phone and the watch on your wrist.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Hey, thanks for responses, useful tips there. Looks like I've made a mistake choosing the colors for the app. It's just that the default black/gray Gear UI feels quite outdated, ugly and bleak to me so I wanted to try something more colorful (and they say that orange is stimulating appetite ).

    Anyway - it would be great if you could give me some more details about readability issues of the current colors:
    1) Do you feel that it's hard to read the items also on the phone app?
    2) If not, is it because colors look different on gear app or because the fonts are smaller?
    3) Is it only about already bought items (dark orange on orange) that is hard to see or is it also about items that you haven't bought yet (white on orange)?

    Thanks!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    IMO, you are overthinking the color issue. I humbly suggest you make the app easier to read. Orange text on a gold/yellow background is ridiculous to put it bluntly. You could have chosen several other color schemes, all of which would be infinitely better. If you give up looking for some "artsy" scheme, just pick white lettering on black or very dark blue background?
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    I Agree.

    I you want to use colors instead of black/white. Use dark blue background and yellow letters.

    http://www.craftmasterpaints.co.uk/c...ark%20Blue.jpg

    Or with a lighter tint in it:
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...da-d41kzk7.jpg

    You can even use yellow letter then with perhaps a black shadow.
    http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/displ...-204977299.jpg
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    The most common case in my life is when my wife creates shoping list, and send it by e-mail, sms or whatever. And when I am writting list i preffer to do it on computer with the keyboard.

    So text import feature will be very nice and ussefull.

    Sencerely yours
    Mikhail
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by Supercoban View Post
    The most common case in my life is when my wife creates shoping list, and send it by e-mail, sms or whatever. And when I am writting list i preffer to do it on computer with the keyboard.

    So text import feature will be very nice and ussefull.

    Sencerely yours
    Mikhail
    There is only 1 app which can do this... GearTasks, using Google Tasks. If you use the Android app GTasks, you can batch add and send from a email.
    But every app has a couple of bad issues. And GearTasks use larger texts so only a small part of the task will be readable.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    For quick shop, on the watch app. There are only three items displayed on the screen. This because the spacing between the items is large and could be less.
    OR the room is filled with the rest of the list item text if it goes out of screen.
    I have a habit of adding more information on the line. Like "Bread, 2x, <Brand>, <Shop name>'
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    There is only 1 app which can do this... GearTasks, using Google Tasks. If you use the Android app GTasks, you can batch add and send from a email.
    But every app has a couple of bad issues. And GearTasks use larger texts so only a small part of the task will be readable.
    Yep, GearTasks has a 15 character limitation on the Gear 2, with no horizontal scrolling, only vertical.
  16. #16  
    Barbidoll75's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    I paid for and downloaded this app through Samsung Gear Apps and can not get it to show up on my Gear 2 Neo. What am I doing wrong? If I am unable to get it to show up on my watch, how do I request a refund?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Shopping List for Gear 2 / Neo

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbidoll75 View Post
    I paid for and downloaded this app through Samsung Gear Apps and can not get it to show up on my Gear 2 Neo. What am I doing wrong? If I am unable to get it to show up on my watch, how do I request a refund?
    The app should be available on Gear 2 Neo, however if you can't get it working, I suggest you to contact Samsung Apps support. You should find a support contact button here: help.content.samsung.com/csweb/main/main.do
    It looks like you can use it also to ask for a refund.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 02:17 AM
  2. Which phone should I exhange my HTC One M8 for?
    By AnarchistRebel in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 12:03 AM
  3. 10 year count down clock for my Moto G
    By Emerogork in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
  4. problem in dowloading for app from playstore
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 04:37 AM
  5. problem in dowloading for app from playstore
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions