How do I completely turn off pedometer?

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally opened the pedometer on 8/11, and even though I didn't know I was using it, apparently it's running in the background and tracking constantly.

It's completely closed on the Gear 2 Neo, and I've unlinked my account in S-Health and Fitness with Gear. It's annoyingly popping up automatically on my watch, when I'm running.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I just checked myself, but i made 0 steps since i bought it about 2 weeks ago. I see it can be started and stopped.

I accidentally opened the pedometer on 8/11, and even though I didn't know I was using it, apparently it's running in the background and tracking constantly.

It's completely closed on the Gear 2 Neo, and I've unlinked my account in S-Health and Fitness with Gear. It's annoyingly popping up automatically on my watch, when I'm running.

ndex477

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Check under "Device Administrators". It's in different locations on each device, usually somewhere in Security settings. If this is an app you are referring to, you may have given it Administrator rights on your device which would have been listed in the permissions.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Check under "Device Administrators". It's in different locations on each device, usually somewhere in Security settings. If this is an app you are referring to, you may have given it Administrator rights on your device which would have been listed in the permissions.

Thanks, I'll check there. While not a solution for all, last night I did just go into App Info for S-Health, on the phone, and did force stop, then cleared data and cache. That signed me out of a-health and seems to have completely stopped it, too.

I don't ever care to use s-health, so that works for me. I may just freeze it and not worry about it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC